Experience the lake titicaca with local people by Peru incredible Experiences - PIE PERU SRL
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
An Excursion to the famous floating Uros islands on Lake Titicaca, the world's highest navigable lake, as well as the beautiful Taquile Island. Include a overnight with the locals.
- Departs from: Departing at 7:00 and returning on second day at 17:00
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 2 Days
- Takes Place In: Puno
Required for Extras:
- $10.00 USD
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
Included in price:
After breakfast, we will take a two-hour motor boat excursion on the waters of Lake Titicaca, which straddles the border of Peru and Bolivia, to the unique floating "islands" of the Uros. These ancient inhabitants of the lake, known as the Water Tribe, have built their own "islands" by periodically adding new layers of a type of reed unique to the area called "totora". Their homes and boats are also made of this material. There are over forty of these islands, which have strategic defenses such as watch towers just in case!
Then it is on to Amantani Island, which is inhabited by over 3,000 Quechua-speaking natives, still governed by their ancient traditions, whose main occupations are the production of ceramics and textiles. You can explore the Inca and Tiahuanco archaeological remains on the island. The positive energy here is so powerful, you have an almost panoramic view of the lake and you will not want to miss the sunset and sunrise either.
Lunch is a simple affair provided by us before staying overnight at the house of a local islander, to enjoy the hospitality of a typical Amantani home.
After a good breakfast, you will visit Taquile island, a narrow, long and quite hilly island, of approximately 15 square kilometers, which was once used as a prison when it belonged to the Spanish. You will meet its inhabitants and admire their colorful textile fabrics, which has been their staple trade since time immemorial. Here you can also enjoy a highly scenic trek, followed by lunch in a local restaurant.
Then it is back to Puno in the afternoon.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- An approximate amount of USD10.00 is required to cover tour extras.
- A 5.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.