Best of Lisbon Walk by Inside Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
This tour is a unique way to see all the major sites of central Lisbon. Insider guides give you a great insight into Lisbon's lifestyle, history and culture as well as useful tips.
- Departure times: 10:00
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Takes Place In: Lisbon
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
- Visit the Rossio Square, the heart of both the old and new Lisbon.
- Learn how the old city of Lisbon was destroyed in the 18th century and then totally rebuilt to become the city of today.
- Take a look at the Obelisk in the middle of Restauradores Square. It commemorates the Restoration of Portugal's independence from Spain in 1640, after sixty years of Spanish rule.
- Marvel at the intricate Neo-Manueline architecture of the Rossio Central Station.
- Learn about the Carnation Revolution of 1974 as you visit the beautiful Carmo Square, the very place where Portugal's old dictatorial regime fell after 48 years.
- Walk through the elegant Chiado neighbourhood, with its old cafés, boutiques, theatres and bookstores.
- Enjoy a short trip on one of Lisbon's vintage trams.
- Wonder through the old maze of small squares and narrow alleyways of the Moorish Alfama neighbourhood, where time seems to have stopped one thousand years ago.
- Learn about Fado, Portugal's own musical genre, as you go past the fado Museum and some of Alfama's hidden, intimate Fado restaurants.
- Visit Lisbon's Cathedral, the city's oldest church, built in 1147.
- End your tour in Praça do Comércio, formerly the entrance hall of the city, one of Europe's largest and most beautiful squares.
We stop for a break on nice place with great view over the city
All Year - Every Day
Starts at 10 am
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.