SANDEMANs Free Tour of Lisbon by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Lisbon's 3000 years of proud history has always been on the edge: where land meets sea and Europe meets Africa. The ancient Phoenicians recognised the great advantages of the location and all the great civilisations that followed have expanded the city well beyond its legendary Seven Hills. This is a city built upon exploration, conquest and adventure. It's no surprise the Portuguese led the Age of Discovery and laid the foundations for the world we live in, for Lisbon is known as 'the Queen of the Seas'.
The untold riches of empire have left a legacy of incredible monuments and culture for the modern visitor - a legacy that was almost destroyed by the Great Earthquake of 1755 which sent philosophical shockwaves throughout Europe. It changed the face of Lisbon, politics and religion forever and this 3 hour walking tour explores its full impact and how the city rose from the ashes.
The independent guides with whom we work have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites and stories above and lasts on average 3 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group!
THIS WALKING TOUR COVERS
The Great Earthquake of 1755
The São Pedro de Alcântara viewpoint
The Carnation Revolution
Praça do Comércio
The Portuguese Inquisition
The Age of Discovery
The Salazar dictatorship
Santa Justa Elevator
The Jewish Memorial
…and much more!
Meet your guide by the Camões Monument in Largo de Camões. Just look for the guides in red SANDEMANs NEW Europe T-shirts!
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.