Braga and Guimarães Full Day by Living Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Visit Guimarães and Braga where you will see few of the most magnificent historic and religious monuments from the North of Portugal in a comfortable mini bus with guide.
- Departure times: 09:00
- Duration: 9 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Porto
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
Minho is known for having some of the most beautiful natural landscapes of Portugal while being at the same time one of the richest regions in history, making this tour a delightful experience. This region is also very rich in agriculture and nature allowing you to take a amazing pictures.
Visit to Guimarães - birth of Portugal and of the fist Portuguese King, this tour begins in the Medieval Castle of Guimarães, where the Battle for the creation of the Nation was actually fought. Afterwards, the tour proceeds to the City Centre, which is considered by UNESCO Cultural Heritage of Humanity. The streets and monuments of Guimarães are so well preserved and vivid that they allow the visitor to easily experience a scene from the past.
In the Afternoon you will travel to Braga founded under the name of "Bracara Augusta" during the Roman Empire, which makes it one the oldest Christian cities in the World. Here you will start by having lunch in a typical restaurant - you may select from a course of fish or meat, entries, beverage, dessert and coffee included. After lunch you will visit the Cathedral and the Historical Centre but also two of the most important Sanctuaries in the North of Portugal, "Sameiro" and "Bom Jesus", standing in the nearby Mountains and offering great artistic and scenic views.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 5.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.