Douro Tour Full Day Tour from Porto with Lunch by Living Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
In this tour you will visit four different cities in the Douro Valley: Amarante, Lamego, Régua and Pinhão! Enjoy the fantastic landscapes and history of these unique spots!
- Departure times: 09:00
- Duration: 9 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Porto
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
Get the opportunity to visit four different cities in the Douro Valley: Amarante, Lamego, Régua and Pinhão in a pleasant mini bus trip!
The Douro Valley Region is knonw by its unique landscape where the river is beuatifully flanked by green mountains on both sides, forming an interesting V shape. Not only this montains flank the River, but they also serve a very important purpose: they are the soil where the wine vines are cultivated, in terraces that make this sight even more fantastic. Nevertheless in this Valley theres plenty of other things to see, experiment and discover, being it from its rich culture, history, gastronomy or traditions.
Amarante: This city becomes very important in history after S. Gonçalo arrival (1187-1259). He settled himself here after his pilgrimage through Rome and Jerusalem making this city an important religious stop in Portugal. Therefore you may visit the convent and church, but also its beautiful bridge and Historical Centre.
Lamego: Being a very ancient city, Lamego dates back to the Roman occupation and was permanently re-conquered in the year 1057 by Fernando Magno of Leão from the moors. In here you will visit "Nossa Senhora dos Remédios Sanctuary" in a magnificient rococo and barroque style, and will also be able to try out some Portuguese delicatessens, in a delight to your palate: feel, smell and taste some of the best products in the region!
Régua: This city is the center of the demarcated wine region of Douro Valley, which was the very first demarcated wine region in the world (1756). During this tour, have lunch while enjoying the scenery of the Bagauste Dam, in a relaxing and invinting enviorement. (You may select from a course of fish or meat, starters, beverage, dessert and coffee included).
Pinhão: This is the place where most of the famous Port Wine Estates are located. In Pinhão you will have the oportunity to visit one of those Wine Estates, where you may take the chance to learn about the process of production of the famous Port wine and also enjoy a tasting of some of the wines produced in their winery.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 5.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.