Fátima and Coimbra Tour - Full Day by Living Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Guided mini bus tour to Fátima, the religious center of Portugal and main pilgrimage destination and also stop by Coimbra where you can see one of the oldest universities in Europe!
- Departure times: 08:30
- Duration: 10 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Porto
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
In the center region of Portugal, there are, among others, two cities rich in culture and history: Fátima the Religious Center of Portugal, and Coimbra the student city, birth of the first University of Portugal which still operates there.
Fátima was once a small city that owes its name supposedly to the moors is actually well known as the Christian and Religious Center of Portugal. Visited five times by three different Popes, this city holds a stunning Sanctuary and Church that you get to visit in this tour. In Fátima, you may also attend the mass in the sanctuary and will have some free-time to visit the City Center and enjoy lunch.
In the afternoon, the tour proceeds to Coimbra, best known for its University. While in this city, you will be able to have a panoramic tour through old streets of the city center that are yet field with young busy students. You may also visit the Cathedral in Romanic style and the only one in Portugal to have survived the "Reconquista" almost intact. Lastly in this tour you will visit the University of Coimbra, the oldest one in Portugal, with its several faculties and facilities and one of the oldest in Europe.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 5.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.