FULL-DAY IN HISTORICAL GUIMARÃES & BRAGA by Cooltour Oporto
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
n this full-day private tour you will be able to visit and take part of the story where brave Portuguese soldiers started the dream of a nation called Portugal.
The tour will start with a visit to the birthplace of the Portuguese nation - the city of Guimarães, the first city of Portugal, chosen by our first king, Afonso Henriques. Known as the cradle of Portugal, Guimarães has preserved a medieval atmosphere in its core and for so many references UNESCO considers this town as a World Heritage Site.
Our first stop will take place in the northern part of the city with a visit to the imposing 10th century castle and the majestic Dukes of Bragança Palace. Afterward the historical Santa Maria Road will lead you to the charming square in the heart of the old town, Largo da Oliveira.
After a relaxing lunch break in Guimarães that will certainly allow you to enjoy the pleasures of the cuisine of the north of Portugal it will be time to continue towards Braga, the oldest religious capital of Portugal.
Known to the Romans as Bracara Augusta, for centuries Braga has been and archiepiscopal seat and pilgrimage site. Our first stop is Sé, the 12th century cathedral built by Henri de Bourgogne and Dona Teresa. Then you will head to Bom Jesus Sanctuary, a hilltop pilgrimage site. The 581 steps that the pilgrims climb up to the top of Bom Jesus are one of the most glorious stairways in Portugal. After a visit to these landmarks of faith in the country we will take you back to Porto.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.