Guimarães - Half Day by Living Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Guimarães is usually known as the cradle of Portugal. This city has the unique ability of combining the past with the present, allowing the visitor to travel in time!
- Departure times: 14:00, 14:00
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Porto
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
Our mini bus tour takes you to Guimarães which is usually known as the cradle of Portugal. Nowadays, Guimarães has the unique ability of combining the past with the present in perfect harmony and it holds numerous events every year. In 2012 it was the European Capital of Culture, being now in 2013 the European Capital of Sports.
The tour begins in the Medieval Castle of Guimarães, where the Battle for the creation of the Nation was actually fought between mother and son. Behind the Castle you will visit a small church where it is believed that the first King of Portugal was baptized. The visit proceeds to the City Centre, which is considered by UNESCO Cultural Heritage of Humanity. The streets and monuments of Guimarães are so well preserved and vivid that they allow you to easily experience a scene from the past.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 5.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.