Monção, Valença and Viana do Castelo tour by Living Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
On this tour you will get to visit Monção, Valença and Viana do Castelo - three different cities some of which connect historically and also geographically Portugal to Spain.
- Departure times: 09:00
- Duration: 10 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Porto
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
This mini bus tour takes you to three different cities some of which connect historically and also geographically Portugal with Spain.
Begining in Porto and driving to Monçao where you visit the am,azing "Palácio da Brejoeira", designated national monument since 1910. This Palace was built in early 19th century by a nobleman of the royal court which was also a knight of the Order of Christ - Luis Pereira Velho de Moscosa. In Brejoeira Palace you will visit the interior of the palace, the chapel and gardens, its woods, ancient cellar and vineyards. This Palace is also famous by the wine production of Alvarinho. At the end, you will enjoy a tasting of Alvarinho wine which is still tradionaly produced.
Lunch will be served in Valença in a local restaurant where you will have the opportunity to try some of the best food in the area.
After lunch you may enjoy a tour through the stronghold of Valença which is one of main military fortifications of Europe with a perimeter of around 5 kilometers of fortified walls. Visit the historical centre and pass through the historical bridge of Valença ( from 1879) which connects Portugal to Spain.
In the way back to Porto, stop over Viana do Castelo. Visit this historic city founded in 1258. Take the opportunity to get to know Santa Luzia Sanctuary and the unique views from this sight. You can´t miss the historical centre where our guide will let you know more about this port city.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 5.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.