Porto City Tour Half Day by Living Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Guided mini bus tour though the remarkable historical centre of Porto, Unesco World Heritage. Travel through centuries of history and finish the visit with Port Wine tasting.
- Departure times: 09:00, 14:00
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Takes Place In: Porto
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
The Porto city tour starts in Mount "Pena Ventosa", the birthplace of the city of Porto with the opportunity to visit the Cathedral, built in the 12thcentury. Soberly built and in novel style, the Cathedral has followed the evolution of time, revealing in its facades and towers, many artistic elements, which are excellent examples of some of the main artistic movements through the Medieval Europe and their representation in Portugal.
Afterwards, the tour continues in the direction of S. Bento Train Station, founded in 1900 in the building that was formerly the Convent of São Bento, keeping therefore its name. This station is known for its unique tiles which represent important moments of Portugal history and culture and has been also in the top ten of the most beuatiful train stations worldwide.
After visiting the S. Bento train Station you will see the Clérigos Church and Lello bookshop. Clérigos, built by the famous architect Nasoni, is known for its Classic Renaissance Style, rich in baroque decoration. Ex-libris of the city, its tower holds one of the most beautiful views of Porto. As for the Lello bookshop built in 1906, it has a Neo-Gothic facade and an interior decoration built in plaster considered to be of great beauty, therefore being considered by many as the 3rd most beautiful bookstore in the world.
During our mini bus tour you will be given important information regarding several streets and places of the historic center, such as Batalha Square, Santa Catarina Street, the Majestic Café, the Bolhão Market and Aliados Avenue where many of the national history events took place.
The sea and the river have always palyed an important and mythical role in the city - we will take you through that journey passing next to Ribeira and the river as also Foz, a seaside neighborhood.
To complete your experience, we finish our tour with visiting a Port Wine Cellar, in Gaia. Gaia is the city next to porto linked through magnificient bridges. Take the opportunity to learn how the Port Wine is produced, bottled, selled and tasted. There are several types of Port Wine where each has a unique tasting and personality. Enjoy!
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 5.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.