1 Day Rosslyn Chapel and Scottish Borders by Timberbush Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Starting with a visit to Rosslyn Chapel you will be led from the spiritual to the spirit-ful with a tour of a malt whisky distillery!
- Departs from: Tour departs at 9.30am - please arrive 15mins prior to tour departure time
- Departure times: 09:30
- Duration: 7 Hours
- Takes Place In: Edinburgh
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
From our starting point by
Edinburgh Castle, we head out
of the city to the village of Roslin,
making our first stop at Rosslyn
Chapel (its worldwide fame
increased thanks to "The Da Vinci
Code", Dan Brown's blockbusting
Leaving Rosslyn we commence
our journey into the heart of the
Scottish Borders, an area rich in
hills, valleys, rivers and moorland,
as well as the traditional home to
Scottish rugby.We travel to the
historic town of Melrose, birthplace
of the game of Rugby Sevens, and
location of Melrose Abbey, founded
in 660, said to be the burial place of
the casket containing the heart of
Robert the Bruce. Here we stop for
lunch and have free time to explore
Melrose and its Abbey.
On our return journey, we'll travel
via St. Boswells and pause for a
photo stop at Scott's View, where
we can enjoy glorious scenic views.
Our journey north takes us to
Pencaitland, where we visit the
charming Glenkinchie Distillery for
a 'tour and a taste' and learn more
about 'the water of life'. Glenkinchie
is one of few Lowland distilleries
in Scotland. Then we'll return to
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.