1 Day West Highland Lochs, Mountains & Castles by Timberbush Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Enjoy a taste of all things Scottish as we take you on a wonderful and fascinating journey through a beautiful part of the Highlands. Experience scenic lochs, impressive mountains, historic castles, visit a pretty Highland village and explore the picture
- Departure time(s): Varied
- Duration: 1 Day
- Starts & ends in: Edinburgh
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
- Please dress for wet and cold weather. Do not bring umbrellas as it can be very windy. Extra money for refreshments is necessary especially if you'd like to taste excellent fresh sea food (average lunch @ £5.00).
- The company reserves the right to alter tour itineraries due to weather, availability of attractions or other such extenuating circumstances.
Included in price:
From Edinburgh we travel west, passing the historic and imposing Stirling Castle, high on its volcanic rock, and on to a visit at the magnificent Doune Castle (which featured in the cult movie 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail'). From there we drive into the Highlands, past the lovely Loch Lubnaig and up through impressive Glen Ogle, stopping nearby for lunch and beautiful views of the surrounding scenery.
After lunch we drive further into the Highlands, stopping to view one of the most photographed castles in Scotland, Kilchurn Castle, jutting into beautiful Loch Awe and stunningly framed by the surrounding mountains. Then it's on to Inveraray, a quaint small town built in the mid-18th century, on the shore of Loch Fyne. Explore the town and pick up some Highland souvenirs, or pay an optional visit to Inveraray Castle (April to October only), the historic home of the Duke of Argyll, chief of the Clan Campbell, which is set in large beautiful gardens overlooking Loch Fyne.
We now start our homeward journey, driving over the Arrochar Alps, an attractive range of mountains, with a brief pause near the top of the Rest and Be Thankful Pass. A little later we reach enchanting Loch Lomond, where we stop at the pretty lochside village of Luss before returning to Edinburgh.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.