Castle Tour by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Includes Skip-The-Line Castle Entrance!
Edinburgh Castle dominates one of the world's most heroic and bloody national histories. It stands on Castle Rock, a dead volcano which was cut to its hard basalt core in the Ice Age, with the Old Town now nestling in its geological shadow. The power of the forces of nature are matched by the passion of human conflicts in and around the Castle.
Despite the seemingly impenetrable defences the castle's past is riddled with dramatic conquests and captures and tales of destruction. Today, however, it is one of the quietest places in the city, far above the busy streets of Edinburgh, with breathtaking views across Southwest Scotland.
The Castle's crucial role in the history of Scotland and Great Britain is obvious from the acclaimed museums and memorials within. The Castle is home to countless fascinating attractions: the Crown Jewels of Scotland, including the legendary Stone of Destiny; the Great Hall; the dungeons and the enormous Mons Meg cannon.
No visit to Scotland is complete without visiting this number one visitor attraction in the country!
On this 2½ hour tour, your expert guide will tell you the history that surrounds Edinburgh's Castle. Kings, queens, lovers and soldiers that lived, better or worse, for longer or shorter, behind the walls of the fortress that crowns the city.
You will discover why it's the only place in the world that hosts a graveyard for dogs. You'll be mesmerized by the sight of the smallest shrine you've ever seen. Sculptures, royal jewels, canon batteries, memorials and war museums and the history of Scotland await you behind the Castle's doors!
THIS 2½ HOURS WALKING TOUR COVERS
The secrets and most interesting spots of Edinburgh's Castle
Dùn Èideann, the First Settlement & the First City Walls
Half Moon Battery
National War Museum and War Memorial
Royal Crown Jewels
The One o'Clock Gun
Glaciers and Volcanoes
Wars with England & Scottish Independence
The Castle Esplanade
Upper End of the Royal Mile and much more!
Meet us in front of Starbucks Coffee on High Street.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.