HAGGiS Adventures- Highland Fling by Radical Travel
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Five awesome days, the spectacular Highlands, likeminded travellers - an adventure you'll never forget!
- Departure time(s): Weekly
- Duration: 5 Days
- Starts & ends in: Edinburgh
What to bring:
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
A spectacular adventure through the Highlands and magical Isle of Skye with stunning scenery, incredible history and some unique and unforgettable experiences. Go monster hunting on Loch Ness, hike in one of the last great wildernesses of Europe, hear tales of Scotland's bloody history and soak up the culture with a wee dram after a day's exploring. There's also the chance to get into some traditional Scottish music and dancing to make this a proper Highland Fling!
* Loch Ness and its world famous monster
* Eerie Glencoe, the 'Weeping Glen'
* Isle of Skye's jaw-dropping landscape
* Ceilidh night! Dance your tartan pants off
* Plant a tree in the 'HAGGiS Grove'
* Try whisky at an optional Highland distillery visit
* Go monster spotting on a Loch Ness cruise (summer only)
* Hire bikes and discover the fantastic forest trails around Loch Ness
* Enjoy views of Mull and watch the sunset over Oban Bay and the Atlantic Ocean
* Dance Scottish-style at a Highland Ceilidh
Day 1: Edinburgh to Oban
Heading north from Edinburgh, we take in views of Stirling Castle the Wallace Monument and hear tales of the real Braveheart. We enter Rob Roy country where the landscape changes from the Lowlands to the Highlands before passing along Loch Awe and by Kilchurn Castle, set in some of Scotland's most iconic scenery. Oban for the night (the 'Gateway to the Isles') with spectacular views over to the Isle of Mull. Tonight is your chance of a proper Highland Fling with some traditional dancing at a ceilidh!
Day 2: Oban to Isle of Skye
First stop today is the beautiful but eerie Glencoe, setting of the infamous 1692 massacre. Then it's onto the Glenfinnan monument where Bonnie Prince Charlie began his claim for the throne of Scotland. There is also the spectacular viaduct that featured in the Harry Potter film. This afternoon we get the chance to visit a local whisky distillery in the shadow of Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain. After a drop of the 'water of life' we make our way west to the coast and a stop at the magnificent Eilean Donan Castle perched on the shoreline and overlooking the sea. Then it's over the bridge to the Isle of to the stunning Isle of Skye.
Day 3: Isle of Skye
Today we explore the 'winged isle' or 'Isle of Mist' with its ruined castles, awesome scenery and home to the legendary MacLeod and MacDonald Clans. Immersed in Celtic myths and Viking legends, hear tales abound with faeries and fights, we explore the windswept landscape and brooding Red and Black Cuillin Mountain ranges. There is also the chance for a hike through this stunning environment before we return to the mainland past the beautiful Eilean Donan Castle and on to Fort Augustus on the shore of Loch Ness.
Day 4: Loch Ness and the Highlands
Today is a stunning drive through the north west Highlands which is some of the most remote and most isolated mountain terrain in Europe. There will be the chance to take a walk through some of this amazing environment led the way by your fearless local guide who will ensure we make it back to civilisation... Through the remnants of ancient Caledonian Pine Forest, our journey takes us through Drumnadrochit and along Loch Ness. We see the ruins of Urquhart Castle before arriving back at Fort Augustus for a party night to remember.
Day 5: Loch Ness to Edinburgh
We hear tales about Bonnie Prince Charlie and the tragedy of his defeat on the eerie moor of lonely Culloden Battlefield, scene of the last major battle in Britain. Then past the mountains of the Cairngorms National Park and through Perthshire, surrounded by mountains, forests and salmon packed rivers. There's time to take in Dunkeld, heart of Macbeth country and its mighty cathedral and pass the famous Forth Bridge before arriving back in Edinburgh.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- A 2.75% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
|1 month||25.00%||3 weeks||25.00%|
|2 weeks||100.00%||1 week||100.00%|
|48 hours||100.00%||24 hours||100.00%|