Highland Explorer Tours- 3 Day Skye & Highlands by Radical Travel
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Discover the Highlands and the magical Isle of Skye with its outstanding natural beauty, Viking history and ancient myths and legends.
- Departure times: 09:00
- Duration: 3 Days
- Starts & ends in: Edinburgh
- Options provided after booking
What to bring:
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
Day 1- Edinburgh to Skye
Leaving Edinburgh, past stunning views of the Forth Bridge, we enter the Highlands through Perthshire, a land of forests, rivers and mountains. We visit the quaint village of Dunkeld with its historic cathedral sitting on the banks of the River Tay. It's then further north into the Highlands before we enter the Great Glen. At Fort Augustus, there is time to explore the shores of Loch Ness and maybe get a chance to spot Nessie. The journey continues to the famous Isle of Skye but first we see Eilean Donan Castle, one of Scotland's most famous icons. Our home for the night is Portree, capital of the 'winged isle'. (Overnight: Isle of Skye).
Day 2- Skye
You will spend a full day exploring the dramatic Isle of Skye with its amazing scenery, myths and legends. Hear tales of Bonnie Prince Charlie's escape against the backdrop of the jagged Cuillin Mountains. Highlights include the Quiraing with its spectacular cliffs, the mysterious rock formation of the Old Man of Storr, Kilt Rock with its cascading waterfall and Dunvegan Castle. (Overnight: Isle of Skye)
Day 3- Skye to Edinburgh
We explore the south of the island, known as 'the Garden of Skye', before taking the ferry to the west coast fishing village of Mallaig. Here you have the option to board the Jacobite Steam Train to Fort William, one of the most spectacular railway journeys in the world. The train crosses the Glenfinnan viaduct where a monument to Bonnie Prince Charlie's campaign now stands. We head south through the dramatic scenery of Glencoe, wild Rannoch Moor then through the heart of Rob Roy country before arriving back in Edinburgh, early evening.
* Optional Extra: Steam Train: £30 - must be booked and paid directly via Highland Explorer Tours one booking has been confirmed. Please note: Steam Train option is not available on tours departing 30th March, 27th April, 4th May and 11th May.
IMPORTANT ACCOMMODATION INFORMATION
The tour price does not include the cost of accommodation. This is because we want to give you the choice of accommodation to suit your requirements, preferences and budget. Once you've confirmed a booking we will contact you directly for your preference of B&B, hotel or hostel accommodation, and we will book this on your behalf. All of our accommodation providers are approved by VisitScotland's Quality Assurance scheme.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- A 2.75% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
|1 month||25.00%||3 weeks||25.00%|
|2 weeks||100.00%||1 week||100.00%|
|48 hours||100.00%||24 hours||100.00%|