MacBACKPACKERS- 3 Day Isle of Skye by MacBackpackers
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Macbackpackers make sure you experience the best of Scotland, we are proud to be the only 3 day Skye backpacker's tour that spends both nights on the island.
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 3 Days
- Starts & ends in: Edinburgh
What to bring:
- Packed Lunch
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
- Hostel accommodation is not included in the price of the tour, however we do reserve a bed for you and you just pay for this on arrival at the hostel. Hostel accommodation is approx �18 per person per night
Included in price:
3days exploring the breathtaking scenery of the Highlands and one of Scotland's most famous islands,hearing magical stories on the way & spending both nights on the mystical isle..
Day 1 - Departing Edinburgh
We travel north to the Highland village of Dunkeld (fort of the Celts), ancient religious capital of the Highlands and the wonderful scenery and fresh air of the Grampian Mountains.
Then on, via Inverness, to the shores of dark and mysterious Loch Ness for some Nessy spotting. Continuing west, down the Great Glen, we stop at picturesque Eilean Donan Castle before arriving at the quaint village of Kyleakin on the Isle of Skye, our home for the next two nights. Unlike any other Backpacker's 3 day Skye tour, we spend 2 nights staying on the island, in our cosy Skye Backpackers.
Day 2 - Isle of Skye
As we explore the island, heading to its northern tip, we pass through the mighty Cuillin mountains, stopping at amazing waterfalls, the seriously haunted, ruined stronghold of the Macdonald's, perched atop a sea cliff. Climb the spectacular rock formations of the Old Man of Storr and the Quiraing as well as visiting the enchanted Faerie Glen. Then its back to the local pubs for a well deserved pint.
Day 3 - Leaving Skye...
...we journey south along the coast and through the mountains, visiting breathtaking Glen Nevis and Glen Coe - Scotland's most beautiful and dramatic Glens respectively. Then, turning inland, we cross the desolate Rannoch Moor, past the medieval battlefields of Bannockburn and Stirling Bridge, paying homage to William Wallace.We then return to Edinburgh, where you can regroup with your new friends for a wee dram in one of our many wonderful bars.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.