Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands (Glasgow) by Discover Scotland Tours Ltd
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Our most popular of 2010. Spectacular mountain scenery, Highland Lochs, Glens, Castles and if you're lucky, the opportunity to catch a glimpse of Nessie, the Loch Ness monster.
- Departs from: Departs from outside the Visitor Information Centre 11 George Sq Glasgow. Free Hotel/Hostel pick up service within Glasgow.
- Departure times: 08:05
- Duration: 12 Hours
- Takes Place In: Glasgow
What to bring:
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
From Glasgow our route takes us north to Loch Lomond National Park. Our first stop of the day will be at the Drovers Inn, where for over 300 years the Drovers has welcomed the great and the good through its doors including the infamous Rob Roy MacGregor.
Notice the landscape changing as we climb towards the Highlands and over the desolate wilderness of Rannoch Moor to Glencoe, scene of the infamous "Glencoe Massacre." Glencoe with it's spectacular mountain scenery is a must see where we will make a short stop at the three sisters for photographs and to admire the stunning but haunting beauty of the Glen.
Fort William sits in the shadow of Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain. We will stop here for lunch before entering the Great Glen, a deep glacial valley which follows a geological fault line. A little further on (time permitting) we will make a short stop at the Commando Memorial where you can take in fantastic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mor. Cutting through the Great Glen is the Caledonian Canal, considered by many as one of the greatest waterways of the world. 60 miles of outstanding beauty best describes the Caledonian Canal. Enjoy the superb scenery as we hug the shoreline of Loch Ness to Urquhart Castle.
With just under 2 hours to spend at Loch Ness there is the option for you to explore Urquhart Castle & Visitor Centre followed by a 5 star Jacobite Cruise. Alternatively you can simply relax and enjoy some afternoon refreshments at the Clansman Hotel overlooking the mysterious waters of Loch Ness.
After our break we make the short drive to Inverness where we will take in a quick tour of the Highlands Capital before turning south.
Our return route will take us through the Cairngorm's National Park and the Grampian Mountains to the rolling hills of Perthshire where we will make our evening stop for refreshments at the visitor centre before our return to Glasgow.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.