7 day Garden Route + Addo from Cape Town by Hotspots2C
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Explore the Cape Winelands to Cape Agulhus and the wildlife along the south eastern coast of South Africa up to Addo. Set your sense of adventure free with safari, surf, bungy, lio
- Departs from: your accommodation in the Cape Town area - on most MONDAYS and / or SATURDAYS. Departure is early morning (7-9am), but we\'ll contact you a day before the tour to confirm the pickup time. Return to Cape Town after the tour very late afternoon/ early eve
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 7 Days
- Starts & ends in: Cape Town
- Single room supplement: 270.00 USD
- ((Twin or double room options also available. Upgrades to 3star Guesthouse accommodation can also be pre-booked.))
What to bring:
- Warm Clothing
- Insect Repellant
Included in price:
The ultimate Western Cape, Garden Route and Eastern Cape experience. Explore the winding roads from Cape Town to Addo with stops at Cape Agulhas, Oudshoorn, Wildrness, Tsitsikamma and Jeffreys' Bay, set against a backdrop of awe-inspiring scenic wonders, blessed with abundant wildlife, grand wine farms and pristine sandy beaches.
Experience the creative vibe of informal settlements and learn about the proud cultures and traditions of our diverse people. Spot abundant wildlife by exploring three national parks along the south eastern coast - including Tsitsikamma -, Wilderness- and Addo National Park. Swim in the Indian Ocean, surf the famous waves of J'bay, bungy jump, have close encounters with ostriches, cheetah, ride on elephants and even walk with lions!
Day 1: CAPE TOWN to CAPE AGULHAS
- KAYAMANDI TOWNSHIP - A guided walking township tour.
- WINE & CHEESE TASTING in the Winelands.
- PORT & CHOCOLATE TASTING - Sample port & chocolate pairing in the Winelands.
- FRANSCHHOEK - Lunch stop.
- CAPE AGULHAS - Travel to the most southern tip of Africa, where the Atlantic and Indian ocean meet.
- OVERNIGHT IN CAPE AGULHAS*
Day 2: HERMANUS / CAPE AGULHAS* > back to CAPE TOWN
> Choose how you want to spend your morning: Relax in Hermanus or go shark cage diving in Gansbaai.
HERMANUS -Spectacular land-based whale watching spot. (Whale season Jun-Nov)
- SHARK CAGE DIVING - (Optional with extra cost) The brave at heart rise early to go cage diving with the Great White sharks
- BETTY'S BAY - Get close to a colony of over 5000 African penguins in their natural habitat.
- CLARENCE DRIVE - Scenic route along the False Bay coastline
- OVERNIGHT IN CAPE TOWN* - Relax at your accommodation, or party the night away the the lively Longstreet, or take a short taxi ride to the V&A Waterfront. (at leisure and own expense - unguided)
Day 3: CAPE TOWN to OUDTSHOORN
- ROUTE 62 - Along South Africa's famous country road you'll capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, rugged Karoo plains, vineyards and orchards. We will also stop for a drink at a famous country pub.
- OSTRICH FARM VISIT - We tour an ostrich farm, where the more daring among us can ride the ostriches (within weight limits). The rest of us get to stand on their eggs and make sure your friends take a picture of you hugging and kissing the world's most friendly female ostrich, Betsie.
- CANGO WILDLIFE RANCH - A sanctuary to some of the world's most endangered animals and contribute to conservation of over 60 species. Get the opportunity to personal 'Animal Encounters' - touch cheetahs, hug Bengal tiger cubs, wrap yourself in a python and even dive with Nile crocodiles! (all optional activities - with extra costs)
- OVERNIGHT IN OUDTSHOORN
Day 4: OUDTSHOORN to JEFFREYS BAY
- CANGO CAVES - These caves are an illuminated wonderland of subterranean magic and mystery, with passageways and chambers meandering far below. The tour will explore the narrow passages and vast halls filled with colorful ancient stalactites.
- ELEPHANT EXPERIENCE - (Optional with extra cost) Fall in love with these giant and lovable creatures. Learn about the elephants' background, behaviour and character as you touch, feed, walk hand-in-trunk and even ride on it's back.
- OVERNIGHT in JEFFREYS BAY
Day 5: JEFFREYS BAY to TSITSIKAMMA AREA
- 3 hour DRIVE in ADDO NATIONAL PARK (in tour bus) - the third largest national park in South Africa, a world of diversity; varied landscapes, fauna and flora. The original elephant section of the park was proclaimed to provide a safe haven for the few wild elephants who survived government-sponsored culling to remove them in the early 20th century. The lush vegetation provides protection and a rich food source supporting (what is currently) the most dense population of wild elephants on the planet. Today this finely tuned ecosystem is sanctuary to over 600 elephants, lions, buffalo, black rhino, spotted hyena, a variety of antelope and zebra and other species.
- extra 2 hour GAME DRIVE in 4x4 vehicle with ranger in Addo National Park. (Optional with extra cost).
- BEACH TIME & SHOPPING in J'BAY - Go for an early morning surf or just chill out. The backpackers hire out surf boards and wetsuits at extra cost. We will stop at the the surf factory shops for excellent deals on branded clothing.
- OVERNIGHT IN TSIITSIKAMMA AREA / STORMS RIVER
Day 6: TSITSIKAMMA AREA to WILDERNESS AREA
- WATERFALL ZIPLINE - The eight slides, of which the longest is 211m, zigzag along cables across the river gorge, as high as 50m above the water in some places. (Optional with extra cost). If you don't want to do the zipline experience, then you can go for a walk in the forest.
- TSITSIKAMMA NATIONAL PARK - Spend time in paradise as we explore the marine reserve with its unique combination of dramatic coastal and forest landscape.
- BLOUKRANS BUNGY JUMP - Face your fear and jump from the world's highest bungy jump or watch the adrenaline junkies as they scream through the air. (Optional with extra cost).
- KNYSNA - Nestled between forested mountains, sea and curving around a big lagoon, we visit THE HEADS- where the sea crashes through these two massive sandstone cliffs.
- OVERNIGHT AT WILDERNESS area
Day 7: WILDERNESS AREA > return to CAPE TOWN
- MYOLI BEACH is an undiscovered beach paradise, perfect for swim or surf in the warmer Indian ocean.
- WILDERNESS CANOE - 18km of beaches cooled by sea spray, five lakes, five rivers and two estuaries, Wilderness is one of nature's jewels in the crown and a protected National Park. Canoe on the Wilderness lagoon and watch the bird life while gliding over the water in a pure encounter with nature.
- LION WALK - (Optional with extra cost) Walk alongside Africa's most majestic predator. Interact with young lions on foot. The walk take approximately one hour to complete - depending on how fast the lions are prepared to stroll. No leashes or collars, but supervised by expert handlers.
- Travel back to reach Cape Town area by late evening.
> Excluded: Meals & drinks, optional extras and excluded activities will be for your own account. #Cub encounters are seasonal and croc cage diving is unavailable during the winter months. *The exact itinerary is subject to change, and might on occasion run in reverse or differnt order, and need to overnight at Hermanus (instead of Cape Agulhas) on occasion.
- Pick-up from, and Drop-off at your accommodation in Cape Town areas
- Guided township culture tour
- Wine and cheese tastings
- Port and chocolate tasting/ pairing
- Penguin-visit entry fee
- Cango Wildlife Ranch entrance fee
- Cango Caves adventure tour
- Ostrich farm tour and optional riding (under 75kg)
- Entrance to Addo National Park
- Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park
- Entrance to Wilderness National Park
- 3 hour game drive in tour bus in Addo National Park
- Wilderness canoeing
- Friendly local driver-guide
- Transport to tour's highlights - with licensed and insured vehicle(s)
- Accommodation for 6 nights - as per package selected
- Meals and drinks
- Personal insurance
- Optional extra activities
OPTIONAL EXTRA ACTIVITIES available on tour:
- Shark cage diving (from R1120 pp)
- Elephant Walk & Ride Experience (from R 300 pp)
- Bungy jumping (from R 750 pp)
- Extra 2 hour 4x4 Game Drive in Addo (from R 240 pp)
- Waterfall Ziplining (from R 350 pp)
- Surf board hiring
- Lion walk (from R350 pp)
# Animal Encounters including:
= Tiger encounter* (from R 320 pp)
= Cheetah encounter* (from R 180 pp)
= Croc cage diving (from R 320 pp)
= Python Encounter (from R 90 pp)
*Some animal encounters are seasonal - availability can vary. Croc cage encounters are not open during the winter months (May to Sept)
#These exciting OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES are offered and scheduled as part of each tour's free-time to personalise your trip. Optional activities are pre-booked for your convenience, but are weather dependent and can therefore only be paid / confirmed on the day of the activity.
* The exact itinerary is subject to change, and might need to run in different order, or overnight at Hermanus on occasion.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 2 week(s) in advance.
|1 month||20.00%||3 weeks||20.00%|
|2 weeks||50.00%||1 week||100.00%|
|48 hours||100.00%||24 hours||100.00%|