DMZ (Demilitazied Zone)+Lunch Tour by VIP Travel
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
D.M.Z (Demilitarized Zone) is the only divided country in the world. As one of the last relics of the Cold War, the DMZ attracts a great deal of public interest.
- Departure times: 08:00 am
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Seoul
What to bring:
Included in price:
* Tour Itinerary *
Hotel Pick up - Imjingak Park - The Bridge of Freedom - The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel - DMZ Theater/Exhibition Hall - Dora Observatory - Dorasan Station - Unification Village (Pass by) - Amethyst/Ginseng Center - Lunch - Arrive at City Hall/Itaewon
* Tour Condition *
- English speaking tour guide, transportation, lunch and entrance fees included.
- Amethyst & Ginseng center will be included in this tour.
- After the tour, you¡¯ll be dropped off at Itaewon or City Hall area.
- If we are stuck in a traffic jam, the pick-up service will be delayed.
- Children under 10 years old receive 30% discount.
- We will not be responsible for your personal incidents and loss during the tour.
- If you cancel your reservation on the tour day, we will apply 100% cancellation fee to you.
- Payment by different currency or credit card is possible.
* Tour Details *
This park was built to console the refugees who left North Korea during the Korean War. A train called "the Iron horse wants to run" symbolizes the railway connecting the north and the south that was dismantled during the war. Also, at the park are the following attractions; Mangbaedan, an altar set up for refugees to bow in the direction of their ancestral graveyards; Freedom bridge, which was built to free 12,773 prisoners in 1953; Unification pond, which is in the shape of the Korean Peninsula; and the Peace bell.
- The 3rd Tunnel
The 3rd Tunnel was discovered on October 17, 1978. It is located 52km from Seoul. Approximately 10,000 soldiers can move through this tunnel in 1 hour. When this tunnel was discovered, North Koreans insisted steadfastly that it was made by South Koreans to invade North Korea, but this proved to be false.
- Dora Observatory
Built in 1986, this is the only place in South Korea where you have a clear view of Geaseong city, the third biggest city in North Korea. You can observe two flags, a propaganda village, Geaseong industrial complex, and one of the statues of Kim Il Sung.
- Dorasan Station
Built in 2002 to reconnect Seoul and Sinuiju (kyoungui line), located in the civilian restriction line. The northernmost train station in South Korea which will be the first train station connecting to China, Siberia and Europe.
* Tour Note *
- DMZ closes every Monday and National Holiday.
- Passport is needed on the tour day.
- No special dress code for DMZ tour.
* Reservation Information *
- After making reservation at HostelWorld.com, you'll receive an e-mail from VIP Travel to decide your pick up point and pick up time. Please reply back to VIP Travel to confirm your reservation.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.