Mt. Seorak Daily Tour by VIP Travel
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
* Tour Itinerary *
Seoul - Mt. Seorak National Park - Gwongeumseong Fortress (Cable Car) - Shinheung Temple - Daepo Port - Seoul
* Tour Condition *
- English speaking tour guide, transportation and entrance fees included.
- If we are stuck in a traffic jam, the pick-up service will be delayed.
- Children under 10 years old receive 10% discount.
- We will not be responsible for your personal incidents and loss during the tour.
- If you cancel your reservation on the tour day, we will apply 100% cancellation fee to you.
- Payment by different currency or credit card is possible.
* Tour Details *
- Mt. Seorak National Park
Also referred to as Seolsan and Seolbongsan, the mountain was named Seorak because the snow would not melt for a long time keeping the rocks in a permanent state of white. In November 1965, the Seorak Mountain district was designated as a Natural Monument preservation area. Afterwards in December 1973, it was designated as a park preservation area, and in August 1982, as a Biosphere Preservation District by UNESCO.
- Gwongeumseong Fortress
Gwongeumseong is the site of a castle ruins called Mt. Seoraksan, and it is also known as Mt. Onggeumsan Castle, or Toto Castle. It is located on the steep Dol Mountain of Mt. Seoraksan Sogongwon area. It is believed to have been built by the 23rd King of the Goryeo Period (918~1392), Gojong (1213~1259 reign). It is also called Gwon-Kim Castle, as there is a legend that two generals named Gwon and Kim built the castle to avoid war.
- Shinheung Temple
Shinheungsa is a short 10min walk away from the entrance to Sogongwon. In fact, many visit because of its close proximity to Sogongwon. Sinheungsa is a temple which used to be called Hyangseongsa, built by Jajangyulsa (590~658), who traveled to famous mountains all over the nation, in Queen Jindeok¡¯s (?~654) 6th year of reign. It was destroyed and rebuilt many times since.
- Daepo Port
Located on the southern most point of Sokcho are the many raw fish restaurants and dried fish shops of Daepo Port. This bustling port has become one of the most popular tourist spots for those in search of the freshest raw fish restaurants. At Daepo Port it is said that the Seorak Mountains and the East Sea are gifts from nature. The port is filled with raw fish restaurants and a live fish market containing eel, flatfish, flounder, yellowtail, and plethora of other high-end seafood. Furthermore, the abundance of local dishes that can be found lining the streets includes ojingeo sundae and Gamja Songpyeon. For raw fish lovers that are in the Sokcho area, Daepo Port is the place to be. Nearby tourist attractions include Seorak Sunrise Park and Tourism Submarine. These are all great places to stop by while visiting the Seoraksan Mountains.
* Tour Note *
- Cable car can be cancelled depends on the weather.
* Reservation Information *
- After making reservation at HostelWorld.com, you'll receive an e-mail from VIP Travel to decide your pick up point and pick up time. Please reply back to VIP Travel to confirm your reservation.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.