SANDEMANs Free Tour of Barcelona by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Barcelona has an irresistible energy: you feel it on the bustling streets and market squares; you see it in the incredible architecture and museums; you taste it in the fabulous food; you live it in the legendary nightlife. Step into the lifestyle of the most exciting city on the Mediterranean with this 3 hour walking tour. We will bring to life the incredible rich history and culture of Barcelona, brought to you by enthusiastic and knowledgeable independent local guides.
From Hercules and Christopher Columbus to Wilfred the Hairy and Picasso, Barcelona's history is full of great adventurers, merchants, artists and warriors. The DNA of the city is made up of most of the great seafaring civilisations of the Mediterranean - the cradle of European culture. The sense of commerce, creativity and reaching for the horizon is what makes Barcelona different from the rest of Spain.
Catalonia is a country that hasn't freely existed since the 15th century but still inspires patriotism today. It has a national identity, flag, language, anthem and even a football team. We explore all these symbols and their origins and take a look at the contemporary struggle for independence, its supporters and critics. Despite two millennia of proud history, for Barcelona the past is not enough. This is city that is constantly reinventing itself to embrace the future - join the tour to see how!
ON THIS 3 HOUR TOUR WE COVER
The Gothic Quarter
King Martin's Watchtower
The Council of One Hundred
El Born District
Santa María del Mar
Catalan National Identity
The Olympic Legacy
Port Vell Historic Harbor
Santa María del Pi
Fossar de les Moreres
Catalan Legends & Heroes
Picasso in Barcelona
Spanish Civil War
…and much more!
Meet your guide just outside the Jaume I Metro Exit at the square Plaça de l'Àngel in front of Hotel Suizo.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.