Majestic Madrid by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Directly east of the ancient heart of Madrid lies the fantastic 'literary neighbourhood' the Barrio de las Letras where some of the greatest writers, poets and playwrights in history made their home. The memorable quotes lining the streets make it one of the cultural highlights of the city by day and the busy bars and cafés a party hotspot by night. These two sides of the district collide in the figure of legendary American author Ernest Hemingway - discover one of his favorite bars and his passion for bullfighting. Visit the Cervantes' House, where the world's greatest novel, Don Quixote, was written.
Away from the narrow, twisted medieval streets of the center, you'll find the other side of the city. The Madrid of the Bourbon dynasty: the grandest streets and stunning ensembles of early 20th century architecture from Art Deco to Neo-Mudéjar. Calle de Alcalá and the Paseo del Prado, where you'll find the famous institutions that make Madrid one of the most majestic cities in the world. Madrid's most iconic buildings form an incredible skyline of bold designs, vibrant colors and monumental grandeur. The phenomenal Golden Triangle of Art combines three of the world's best collections of Old Masters, Early Modern and Contemporary Art.
THIS 2.5 HOUR TOUR COVERS
Santa Cruz Palace
Barrio de las Letras
Plaza Santa Ana
Spanish writters´ houses: Cervantes, Lope de Vega, Góngora
Life and Death of Federico García Lorca
The Congress of Deputies
The Golden Triangle of Art:
The Prado Museum
The Thyssen Museum
The Reina Sofía Museum
Paseo del Prado
The Neptune Fountain
The Cibeles Fountain and Palace
The Metrópolis Building
Lake and Alfonso the XII
Fallen Angel Statue
…and much more!
This tour starts in front of the Tourist Information at Plaza Mayor. Take metro line 1, 2, or 3 to SOL station and then walk 400 meters.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.