Umphang trekking by Visit Beyond
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Great alternative to the well-trotted trails in Northern Thailand. Beat the crowd and trek through unspoilt jungle near UNESCO certified Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Departs from: You have the option to end this tour in Bangkok, Mae Sot, Chiang Mai and Sukhothai at no extra charge.
- Departure times: 20:00
- Duration: 6 Days
- Starts & ends in: Bangkok
What to bring:
- Sleeping Bag
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
Day 1: Bangkok - Mae Sot
We will meet at New Road Guesthouse around 8:00 pm (please ask the service guide about the exact time the day before). From here we will go by car to the bus terminal and onwards with a VIP luxury bus from Bangkok to Mae Sot.
Day 2: Mae Sot - Umphang
In Mae Sot we are picked up by Mr. Lar and have the opportunity to sleep a couple of extra hours in his guest house (Expect basic accommodation) After breakfast and a shower he will take us on a short ride to the Thai-Burmese border market at the river Moi. After lunch we will go by public Songthaew (half open pick up truck) to Umphang. It is a beautiful 4-hour ride through the mountains with over 1,000 turns in the road. (If you suffer from motion sickness this would be a good time to take some medication to avoid feeling nauseous) Accommodation for the night will be in a traditional house on stilts. You may leave some of your belongings here in order to lighten your load for the trekking ahead. We will collect them on day 5. (B,L,D)
Day 3: Umphang
After breakfast the bamboo rafting begins (or rubber dinghy in the rainy season - depending on the water-level) southwards along the Mae Klong. From the river side there are three-four hours of trekking to the camp area in Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary where the guides pitch our tents and cook dinner over an open fire. (B,L,D)
Day 4: Umphang
After breakfast on day four, we will take a walk to the impressive waterfall Tee Loi Su, South East Asia's largest waterfall. Afterwards we will walk through bamboo forests, cross bridges and walk through dense jungles to the Karen village of Ko Tha where we spend the night in a traditional house. (B,L,D)
Day 5: Umphang - Mae Sot - Bangkok
After breakfast, the trip continues on the back of elephants through the jungle. If you feel like it, you can ask your Mahout (elephant leader) to control the elephant. (Please be aware that it is normal and necessary that the Mahout pulls the elephant's ear or hits it with a bamboo stick during the ride). When back at Umphang you can take a shower before heading back to Mae Sot. Bus from Mae Sot to Bangkok leaves at 8 pm and expected arrival on the northern bus station in Bangkok is around 5:30 am the following morning, where the tour ends. The guide will not join the overnight bus and upon arrival in Bangkok or Chiang Mai you will have to get to your next destination yourself. (B,L,D)
Day 6: Bangkok
Arrival on the Northern bus station Mochit early morning around 05.30 am. Tour ends on the bus station.
Note: Your guide might change the itinerary according to customer wishes along the way. We ensure that any replacement in itinerary will be an experience as well.
Key: B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner
For further information, please contact our Service Office within our working hours.
(Everyday: 8.15 - 12.00 & 15.00 - 19.00)
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 3.50% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 2 week(s) in advance.