BINDLESTIFF TOURS GHOST TOWN EXPLORER DAY TOUR by Bindlestiff Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Our tour departs Sin City for a short drive to the Hoover Dam. Then its out to the real wild west! cowboy shootouts, ghost towns and western saloons on this fun day out!
- Departs from: Departs 8.30am returns approx 5pm
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 1 Day
- Takes Place In: LAS VEGAS
Required for Extras:
- $199.00 USD
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
Our tour departs Sin City for a short drive to the Hoover Dam. This 726' dam holds back the mighty Colorado River. Behind the Hoover Dam you find Lake Mead. A beautiful man made reservoir that is contained within the Black Canyon Walls. Take all the Dam photos you want!
Next we head to the little mining town of Chloride Arizona. This little community has survived the harsh desert environment since the 1860's. Silver and other minerals were mined here for decades. After the mining boom was over, Chloride nearly became a ghost town itself. Today Chloride is home to about 250 residents who are still very proud of their mining history. Browse the antique shops and chat with the locals before you enjoy a lunch at a traditional American diner. Admire many artistic sculptures of this joyful artist's community.
Our next stop takes us for a drive along the iconic Route 66 highway to the small ghost town of Oatman Arizona. The present day population of this ghost town is 150 people and 1 poltergeist. He goes by the name of "Oatie the Ghost" and is believed to be the poor spirit of William Ray Flour, an Irish miner who died behind the Oatman hotel.
Enjoy views of the Black Mountains that surround this one time mining tent camp, photograph the tumbleweeds and the wild burros (donkeys) that freely roam through this town. Have your picture taken along side modern day cowboys and bandits while posing in front of an authentic Route 66 sign and take part in your very western shoot out!
Time for a drink in the local saloon before we make our way through the Mojave Desert along the Veterans Memorial Highway. This roads cuts straight through beautifully empty desert landscape. It is the perfect way to remember the openness of this part of America before returning to the big city lights and the glitz & glamour of Las Vegas.
Lunch, lite snacks and water provided
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- An approximate amount of USD199.00 is required to cover tour extras.
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
|48 hours||100.00%||24 hours||100.00%|