National Parks Loop by Green Tortoise Adventure Travel
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
The ultimate Green Tortoise tour visits the best national parks in the Western USA. Lots of camp nights, gourmet cookouts, and lots of hiking opportunities.
- Departs from: Trip departs San Francisco on Friday evening. Trip returns to San Francisco on a Sunday afternoon, with drop offs available for Las Vegas (the night before) and Los Angeles (the morning of the last day).
- Departure time(s): Monthly
- Duration: 16 Days
- Starts & ends in: San Francisco
Required for Extras:
- $196.00 USD
What to bring:
- Sleeping Bag
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- A detailed list of things to bring will be sent upon booking.
Included in price:
Day 0San Francisco
Day 1Ruby Mountains
Day 2Jackson Hole
Day 3Grand Teton National Park
Day 4Yellowstone National Park
Day 5Yellowstone National Park
Day 6Big Sky Country
Day 7Great Salt Lake
Day 8Zion National Park
Day 9Bryce Canyon National Park
Day 10Arches National Park
Day 11Monument Valley
Day 12Glen Canyon/Lake Powell
Day 13Grand Canyon National Park
Day 14Grand Canyon National Park
Day 15Las Vegas
Day 16San Francisco
Because we don't believe you can ever have too much of a good thing, we developed our National Parks Loop to include the best of everything the West has to offer! Wake up in the Ruby Mountains of Northern Nevada and hike to the glacier-carved lakes of Lamoille Canyon, then unwind in one of our favorite hot springs. In Jackson Hole, you'll have the option to raft the class III rapids of Snake River, or take a self-guided hike beneath some of the most distinctive mountain peaks on earth. At Grand Teton National Park, hike the Paintbrush Canyon, or stroll to the base of Hidden Falls. In Yellowstone, discover a wilderness so incredible it was named the world's first National Park in order to preserve it. Catch the spectacular eruptions of Old Faithful and other geysers, view Yellowstone Falls from Artist Point, and watch for bison grazing in the surrounding meadows. Spend a day in the company of cowboys during an optional horseback ride in Big Sky Country, then revive yourself in glamorous Chico hot springs and spa. Spot wildlife on the trails of the Great Salt Lake's Antelope Island, or relax on one of the white sand beaches lining the perimeter. Hike Angel's Landing Trail for an incredible view of Zion Canyon's sheer sandstone cliffs, then take an optional inner tube ride down the Virgin River. At Bryce Canyon take the Rim Trail, or the more strenuous Fairyland Trail, to view the bizarre wind-sculpted hoodoos of Bryce Amphitheater. Moving on to Arches National Park, hike the Devil's Garden trail past eight of the park's best known features, including Landscape Arch. For the ultimate Western experience, take a horseback ride or jeep tour through the rugged desert-and-mesa landscape of Monument Valley. After all that desert heat, a cool plunge in Lake Powell will be a welcome diversion. From Mather Point you'll have two full days to explore the Grand Canyon. Hike a vertical mile to the bottom of the canyon for a campout beside the Colorado River, or walk along the West Rim to Hermit's Rest for a taste of wilderness solitude. A scenic drive brings us to the heart of the legendary Route 66. Contrast small-town Americana with the big city glitz of the Las Vegas strip, where we'll spend a last night together on the town, before reboarding the bus for San Francisco.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- An approximate amount of USD196.00 is required to cover tour extras.
- A 4.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 2 week(s) in advance.
|1 month||50.00%||3 weeks||50.00%|
|2 weeks||50.00%||1 week||100.00%|
|48 hours||100.00%||24 hours||100.00%|