Northern Crossing (Cross-Country USA) by Green Tortoise Adventure Travel
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Explore the USA from coast to coast! Yellowstone, Salmon River, Grand Tetons, Devil's Tower, Badlands, Great Plains, Chicago, & Niagara Falls. San Francisco to NYC or Boston.
- Departs from: Trip departs San Francisco on a Friday evening. Trip ends on the last day in New York (morning) and Boston (evening).
- Departure time(s): Monthly
- Duration: 14 Days
- Starts in: San Francisco
- Ends in: New York City & Boston
- On our Converted Sleeper Coaches
Required for Extras:
- $299.00 USD
What to bring:
- Sleeping Bag
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
- More comprehensive information will be sent to the Customer once the tour has been booked.
Included in price:
Wake up in the Ruby Mountains of Northern Nevada and hike to the glacier-carved lakes of Lamoille Canyon, then unwind in one of our favorite hot springs.
In the forested mountains of Idaho, take an optional whitewater rafting trip on the Salmon River, and hike to an incredible hot spring waterfall. At Grand Tetons National Park, hike beneath glacier-covered mountain peaks to the base of Hidden Falls or deep into Paintbrush Canyon, or take a cold plunge into a pristine glacial lake.
In Yellowstone National Park, discover a wilderness so amazing the world's first national park was created in order to preserve it. Catch the spectacular eruptions of Old Faithful and other geysers, view Yellowstone Falls from Artist Point, and watch for bison grazing in the surrounding meadows. Enjoy dinner out in Gardiner, Montana, a classic cowboy town.
Seek a close encounter of the third kind at Devil's Tower in the Black Hills of South Dakota, featured in the cult movie classic of the same name. At the Pine Ridge Reservation, sample authentic Indian Tacos cooked by our friends at the Cuny Cafe. Watch for prairie dogs en route to Scenic, South Dakota, a living ghost town, and for bison as we enter Badlands National Park.
Our next stop is Jeffers Petroglyphs, home to over 2000 prehistoric etchings on quartzite stone islands surrounded by seas of prairie land. In Chicago, the midwest's greatest metropolis, explore the unique architechture of Frank Lloyd Wright, visit the aquarium or one of the many museums, or hit the Oak Street Beach and go for a swim in Lake Michigan. In the evening, check out a blues bar or some bumpin' Chicago house music.
At Niagara Falls, take the optional Maid of the Mist boat tour, or walk across the Canadian border for an even better view. A morning arrival at the Delaware River gives you time for a swim and an optional float trip. After camping in the Catstkill Mountains, we'll make our way to New York City and Boston.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- An approximate amount of USD299.00 is required to cover tour extras.
- A 4.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 2 week(s) in advance.
|1 month||50.00%||3 weeks||50.00%|
|2 weeks||50.00%||1 week||100.00%|
|48 hours||100.00%||24 hours||100.00%|