River Rafting Day Trip by Incredible Adventures
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Whitewater raft the South Fork of the American River in the heart of the California Gold Country (all gear and BBQ lunch included) and try some local wine on the way home!
- Departs from: 6:00am-
- Departure times: 6:00am
- Duration: 12 Hours
- Starts & ends in: San Francisco
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- In April and May, the water is cold and the flow rate is higher. Though the weather is warm, wetsuits and booties are provided. From June through September, the weather is hot and the water is refreshing, so wetsuits are not necessary.
- -sun protection
- -shoes you don't mind getting wet (and that will stay securely on your feet)
- -dry change of clothes for after rafting
- -T-shirt or long sleeve shirt if you are sensitive to the sun
Included in price:
The day begins with a pick-up from your lodging between 6 and 7 am. We head east across the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, which offers great views of the San Francisco skyline, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island and the East Bay.
We stop for a quick breakfast in the Central Valley. Famous for its rich volcanic soil, the Central Valley is a booming agricultural region known for almonds, grapes, tomatoes, peaches and strawberries. After breakfast we continue our journey up through the cattle and horse ranching foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains to the American River.
The Class III whitewater action begins immediately with Meatgrinder rapids, followed by other exciting cascades including Racehorse Bend, Rock Garden, Triple Threat, and climaxing with a mad dash through the famed Troublemaker rapid. Our trip ends as we pull ashore back at camp where your guides prepare a tasty barbeque lunch.
After lunch, there is time to play some beach volleyball and relax by the river. We think it's important to explore the Gold Country, so we will then be heading over to a local winery for some tasting before heading back to the city. The tour ends with a hotel drop off between 6:00 and 6:30 pm.
No Experience Necessary!
Your safety is our main concern. A brief safety talk is given before anyone gets in the water. The South Fork of the American River is a Class III river system. This is ideal for beginners as well as intermediate paddlers.
No prior whitewater experience is necessary, but participants are required weigh at least 80 pounds and be at least 8 years of age.
INCREDIBLE ADVENTURES CANCELLATION POLICY
Minimum 20% fee charged for any cancellations once the tour is booked.
Cancellations less than 72 hours before trip departure are charged 50% of the total price.
Cancellations less than 24 hours before trip departure are charged 100% of the total price.
No-Shows are not entitled to any refund and so are responsible for the full amount (100%) of the trip price. Customers are considered a No-Show if they cancel the morning of the trip, are not at the designated pickup location at the correct time, or for any other reason miss a tour without informing Incredible Adventures at least 12 hours prior to departure (such as not giving us their hotel info).
IMPORTANT! Your reservation is not guaranteed unless and until you call Incredible Adventures at least 72 hours in advance of the trip departure to confirm.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
|1 month||20.00%||3 weeks||20.00%|
|2 weeks||20.00%||1 week||20.00%|
|48 hours||50.00%||24 hours||100.00%|