Western Trail by Green Tortoise Adventure Travel
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
At last! A fun, friendly, convienient way to see the absolute best of the west. Hop aboard for a new style of adventure combining camping and hostels.
- Departs from: Trip departs San Francisco on Monday morning. Hostel nights in Los Angeles and Las Vegas are not included. Trip ends in San Francisco on Sunday evening, with drop offs available that morning in Los Angeles.
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 7 Days
- Starts & ends in: San Francisco
- Sleeper Coach
Required for Extras:
- $67.00 USD
What to bring:
- Sleeping Bag
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
- A detailed list of things to bring will be provided upon booking.
Included in price:
Day 1Big Sur
Day 2Hearst Castle
Day 3Los Angeles
Day 4Joshua Tree National Park
Day 5Las Vegas
Day 7San Francisco
Our flexible trip of the highlights of California and Nevada will fit even the busiest of schedules. Following hostel pickups in San Francisco, Green Tortoise crawls south down the legendary Pacific Coast Highway. Hit the beach in Santa Cruz while surfers challenge the waves in Steamer Lane, or check out the Surfing Museum housed in the Mark Abbott Memorial lighthouse. In Monterey, stroll along John Steinbeck's beloved Cannery Row, spend time in Fisherman's Wharf, or pay a visit to the world-famous aquarium. Afterwards, we'll head off for our campsite under the Coastal Redwoods of Big Sur. At San Simeon State Park, take an optional tour of opulent Hearst Castle, hike through the surrounding wetlands, or just relax on the beach. Spot cliffside mansions in Malibu before checking out some Las Angeles highlights. Recuperate from a night on the town with a visit to Joshua Tree National Park. Hike the Wonderland of Rocks Trail or go bouldering, keeping an eye out for the whimsical trees for which the park was named. A night out in glittering Las Vegas is sure to please. Take a limousine tour of the strip, see the legendary comedy improv of Second City, or ride the roller-coaster at New York, New York. The following day, spend extra time in Vegas, or ride with us to Zion National Park. Back in San Francisco, get dropped off at the hostel of your choice in time to relive your memories over a dinner out.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- An approximate amount of USD67.00 is required to cover tour extras.
- A 4.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 2 week(s) in advance.