Wine Country & Redwoods Escape by Extranomical Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
On this one-day tour we visit: The Golden Gate Bridge, Muir Woods, the Wine Country (3 wineries), historical downtown Sonoma, and Sausalito....wine tasting fees INCLUDED!
- Departure time(s): Varied
- Duration: 1 Day
- Starts & ends in: San Francisco
Required for Extras:
- $5.00 USD
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Comfortable shoes. Lunch can be bought there or you can bring your own.
- A $7 USD entrance fee is charged by Muir woods National Monument if you do not already have a National Parks Card.
Included in price:
8:00 - 9:00 AM
Pick-up for your Muir Woods &Wine Country tour at your San Francisco hotel in the downtown or Fisherman's Wharf area of San Francisco.
9:00 - 9:15 AM
First we'll head through the Marina district, where we'll drive past the Palace of Fine Arts, the Presidio, and over the Golden Gate Bridge. We'll continue driving up through the Marin Headlands and into Sausalito for additional pick-ups if necessary.
9:15 - 9:30 AM
Sausalito hotel pick-ups if necessary.
9:40 - 10:00 AM
Listen to the story of the Redwoods while driving over the headlands into Redwood Valley to Muir Woods National Monument.
10:00 - 11:00 AM
Spend the next hour enjoying a walk through some of the tallest trees in the world in Muir Woods Forest, breathing in the fresh moss and bay scented air of this beautiful forest. Walk along the creek over the footbridges and come back through the gift shop and snack bar.
11:00 - 11:45 AM
Next we'll head up to Sonoma where we'll have our first wine tasting at a small, boutique winery in the famous Carneros region, which is the birthplace of the wine industry of California.
11:45 - 12:15 PM
We'll get to our first winery stop and have a complimentary tasting of a couple different California wines. You will also have the option of exploring the winery grounds and checking out the vines.
12:30 - 1:30 PM
Next we'll drive to downtown Sonoma or the town of Glen Ellen in Sonoma Valley, where we can enjoy a gourmet lunch and enjoy some sightseeing. You can either buy your lunch at a gourmet deli (an array of breads, meats, cheeses, and spreads; perfect accompaniment to wine) or you can bring your lunch and have a little picnic!
2:00 - 4:00 PM
It's time to continue the wine tasting tour! We'll head over to two more wineries, which your guide has personally selected and we'll have more complimentary tastings of highly rated California wines, while enjoying the fabulous views of the grape vine studded hills.
4:00 - 5:00 PM
Now it's time to head back South to San Francisco, with an optional stop in the town of Sausalito, where you will have the option of stopping and taking the Ferry back (Ferry price not included).
5:00 - 5:15 PM
Finally, before returning back to your hotel, we'll make a stop overlooking San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. Don't forget your cameras because you won't want to miss this view!
5:15 - 5:30 PM
We'll head back over the Golden Gate Bridge and end the day with a door to door drop off at your hotel in the downtown or Fisherman's Wharf area of San Francisco.
Starting on January 1st, 2012 admission for an adult (16 years of age and older) is $7 for Muir Woods National Monument
As a courtesy to fellow passengers, it's important to be on time. If clients are late or miss a scheduled pickup time for the tour please have them contact our office IMMEDIATELY on the number provided. An alternative pick up location may be arranged at customer expense, subject to availability. Any guest who misses their tour entirely will forfeit their seat on the tour. No refunds will be issued.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- An approximate amount of USD5.00 is required to cover tour extras.
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.