Wine Lover's Tour by Extranomical Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Our Wine Lover's Tour is a semi-private and semi-customizable tour of Napa and Sonoma Wine Country. You will travel in a small group and visit 4 to 6 wineries in this famous regio
- Departure times: 9:00AM
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Starts & ends in: San Francisco
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
8:00 - 9:00 AM
Pick up for your Wine Lover's Tour at your hotel in the downtown or Fisherman's Wharf area of San Francisco.
9:00 - 9:10 AM
We'll drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and into the Marin Headlands, where we may have a stop for a photo, depending on the weather and visibility. Then we'll continue North.
9:10 - 9:20 AM
Sausalito Hotel pick ups if necessary
9:20 - 10:30 AM
Drive up into Sonoma Valley and Napa Valley and we're in the heart of California's wine country! Now we'll talk and figure out where you want to go, what kinds of wines you want to taste and we'll learn some history on the wine country from your experienced guide.
10:30 - Noon
We'll probably visit two wineries before lunch and then have lunch in Napa or Sonoma. At each winery, we'll have lots of tastes while we learn about the wine making process and what makes California wine so special.
12:00 - 1:00 PM
Now it's time for lunch! We'll confer with the group and decide if we want to eat lunch at a winery or maybe stop in downtown Sonoma or Napa for lunch. Either way, there are plenty of tasty options - of course all easily paired with California wines.
1:00 - 4:00 PM
Depending on where we stop for lunch, we'll decide to go to 2 or 3 more wineries in either Sonoma or Napa, working our way down South towards the Carneros Wine region, the birthplace of California's Wine Country.
4:00 - 4:45 PM
We'll start heading back to San Francisco and we'll have an optional stop in the quaint town of Sausalito, where you'll have a stunning view of San Francisco. If you want, you can depart the tour here and spend more time in Sausalito before taking the ferry back to San Francisco. (Fare not included).
5:00 - 6:00 PM
Finally, we'll drive back over the Golden Gate bridge and drop you off at your hotel in the downtown or Fisherman's Wharf area of San Francisco.
As a courtesy to fellow passengers, it's important to be on time. If clients are late or miss a scheduled pickup time for the tour please have them contact our office IMMEDIATELY on the number provided. An alternative pick up location may be arranged at customer expense, subject to availability. Any guest who misses their tour entirely will forfeit their seat on the tour. No refunds will be issued.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.