LONG TAN Cross & NUI DAT Former Battle Field by Tropic Tourism Co., LTD
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
The Long Tan Cross, marks the site of the Battle of Long Tan. which took place on 18 August 1966, was Australia's single most costly engagement of the Vietnam War...
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 1 Day
- Starts & ends in: HO CHI MINH
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
This trip allows you to visit former battle field sites for Australian veteran within one day from Ho Chi Minh City. The trip covers some places such as: Nui Dat SS Hill, Long Tan Cross, Old Australian bases, Helipad as well as some former strong hold of Viet Cong, the Long Phuoc tunnel.
We start today at 08:00 from Ho Chi Minh City by road; our first stop is the sight of the former Nui Dat Task Force Base (Nui Dat SS Hill). Little remains of this camp except the columns of the main gate. The former runway is now a wide street in the local village and the old heli-pad is now a soccer field. A school established by the Australians is nearby. Later, drive past the location of the Horseshoe (access not permitted these days due to mining activity) to the Discourtesy Rubber Plantation. Visit the Long Tan Cross Memorial, before continuing on to the Long Phuoc Tunnels and visit Ming Dam (no longer the "Secret Zone") and Long Hai. Later on, we transfer to Ba Ria town for our lunch. In the afternoon, we transfer back to Saigon.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.