Mines & Mountains by See Wales Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
From the depths of a Welsh coal mine at the World Heritage Town of Blaenavon to the breathtaking Brecon Beacons National Park.
- Departs from: Departure days:Every Tuesday & Friday National Museum, Cardiff (Pick up)
- Departure times: 09:00hrs
- Duration: 8.5 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Cardiff
What to bring:
- Suitable clothing required for tour itinerary and forecasted weather.
Included in price:
Mines & Mountains
This is our tour through the South Wales valleys to the Brecon Beacons National Park, with a new addition - Penderyn Distillery tour for a taste of Welsh whisky!
We start the day at The Big Pit Mining Museum for a visit to our famous coal mine and the award winning underground tour. You will discover how this part of the world became the heart of the Industrial Revolution and how today the town of Blaenavon has become a World Heritage Site.
Heading north we enter the Brecon Beacons National Park for a tour of the breathtaking countryside. A landscape shaped by glaciers with rolling green hills, sandstone peaks, high mountain lakes and cascading waterfalls. We stop for lunch and walks at the National Parks' Visitors Centre situated in the heart of this inspiring place.
National Coal Mining Museum 'Big Pit' at Blaenavon
Brecon Beacons National Park & Visitors Centre
Gawrnant Forest Centre
Departure days: Tuesday & Friday
Departure point: National Museum Cardiff
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 2 week(s) in advance.