What's in our video about Buenos Airesprint
Check out our video for Buenos Aires which has five very useful tips on how to save money there:
- 1. Visit the famous 'La Boca' neighbourhood
- Visit La Boca, the most famous neighbourhood in Buenos Aires and one where you can walk around its coloured streets and check out the free tango shows. This neighbourhood is where you will find the much photographed bright houses along the pedestrianised street known as La Caminito.
- 2. Check out Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes
- Located on Avenida del Libertador, this is one of Argentina's top museums and is free to enter.
- 3. Visit La Recoleta Cemetery
- An attraction in its own right, La Recoleta Cemetery is home to many breathtaking graves, the best known belonging to Eva Peron, better known as Evita.
- 4. Relax in the parks in the Palermo district
- When you want to get away from all the hustle and bustle the parks in the Palermo district are the perfect place to go. Palermo is also where you will also find Buenos Aires’ Japanese Gardens, which aren’t free like the parks, but are worth the small admission fee.
- 5. Shop in the outlets along Avenida Cordoba
- If you want to go shopping but you really want to pick up a bargain, the best place to go is Avenida Cordoba between 4,000 and 5,000, and in particular around 4,600 which is you'll find outlet after outlet after outlet selling discounted goods.
- And finally...
- Another great way to save money in the Argentinean capital is by staying in hostels, not hotels, such as Hostel Suites Florida which offers both privates and dorms and is located on the city's main shopping street.