Find out how to save money getting to the top of Table Mountain and more.
What's in our video about Cape Townprint
Our 'how to' video for Cape Town has five really useful tips on how to save money there:
- 1. Relax on one of its golden beaches
- Cape Town has lots of beaches for relaxing on:
- Camps Bay: This is arguably the city's most famous beach, located in one of the city's nicest suburbs.
- Clifton Beach: Not far from Camps Bay, this is actually broken up into four different beaches (Clifton 1st Beach to Clifton 4th Beach) which each have their own characteristic.
- Bloubergstrand: Here you will get that postcard picture of Table Mountain.
- 2. Enjoy free entertainment at the V&A Waterfront
- At the V&A (Victoria and Alfred) Waterfront, which is South Africa's most visited destination, you can enjoy free music entertainment regularly.
- 3. Save money getting to the top of Table Mountain
- If you're travelling to Cape Town during the high season, and you plan on taking the cable car to the top of Table Mountain, take note that it is half price after 6pm. But if you want to get to the top of Table Mountain without spending anything, you can hike up - just make sure to take a tour guide with you.
- 4. Invest in a 'Moola Magic' card
- If you're planning on backpacking all over South Africa, you should invest in a 'Moola Magic' card. They cost around R100 and you can pick them up in hostels not only in Cape Town, but all over South Africa. And with them you get discounts of up to 10% off hostels, car rental, and tours.
- 5. Catch a sunset on Signal Hill
- Crowds flock to Signal Hill on nice evenings to relax with friends while watching a sunset they’ll never forget.
- And finally....
- Stay in hostels rather than hotels, such as The Backpack & Africa Travel Centre which has its own swimming pool and is located below the spectacular Table Mountain. To book this hostel and many more click here.