Hostelworld.com Limited (the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) may collect and process personal information relating to you in connection with this survey. We do this in compliance with our obligations under applicable data protection law. This notice explains what personal data relating to you may be collected, the purposes for which it is used, the third parties to whom it may be disclosed and how you can exercise your rights in relation to your personal data.
Personal Data Collected
Where we have included an incentive for you to complete the survey (e.g. cash prize), if you choose to avail of that incentive you will need to provide us with certain personal data.
The types of personal data relating to you that we collect and process may include:
- your name, surname, and email address; and
- your responses to survey questions;
Please note that if you do not provide the above information you will not be eligible to receive the incentive.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Bases
- Your name, surname, and email address will be used for the purposes of making the incentive available to you (e.g. transferring cash prize). The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
Recipients of Data
In order to run our surveys we use the services of third party providers that specialise in the creation and operation of surveys. They will record the personal data that you provide in response to a survey on our behalf, and will make it available to us to use. We also use other third party service providers in connection with the operation of our business, such as our email service provider, who may process your personal data on our behalf when providing those services.
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
- other IT service providers including but not limited to Survey Monkey and Adobe;
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law;
- to other members of our corporate group
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise in connection with your contract.
In connection with the above we may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers, which may include entering into a contract governing the transfer which contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission or, in respect of transfers to the United States of America, ensuring that the transfer is covered by the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. For further details of the measures that we have taken in this regard, please contact us at DataProtectionOfficer@hostelworld.com.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller; and
- where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can contact us at DataProtectionOfficer@hostelworld.com
If you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights, you have the right to make a complaint to the Irish Data Protection Commissioner (email@example.com) or your local supervisory authority.