Everything you need to know about the EXTRAORDINARY HOSCARs Competition.
||The Hostelworld “EXTRAORDINARY HOSCARs” prize giveaway.
||Hostelworld Services Limited of Floor 2, 52 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4LR, UK.
||00:00 GMT on Monday 5th April 2021 to 23:59 GMT on Sunday 18th April 2021 (“Closing Date”).
||Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
||Entrants must vote for a ‘Hostel’ in one of the 7 Award Categories in the Hostelworld EXTRAORDINARY HOSCARs at [https://www.hostelworld.com/hoscars/] during the Promotion Period to be in with a chance to win one of the below prize packages provide by Hostelworld and our campaign partners. By entering the Promotion, the “Entrant” agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and agrees that all decisions of the Promoter are binding and final.
|The overall Prize winner and two (2) runners up prize winners will be selected by random draw performed by a computer from the email addresses linked to the Entrants’ vote to win their Prizes. Each prize winner will be notified by email that they have won a Prize (the “Winner’s Email”) no later than Friday 30th April 2021.
|Overall Winner Prize Package:
1st Runner-Up Prize Package:
2nd Runner- Up Prize Package:
The Prizes are provided by the Promoter (Accommodation Vouchers and Google Nest Hub) and the following partners (the “Organisers”):
By entering the Competition, the Entrant also agrees to be bound by the Organisers’ terms and conditions.
There will be three (3) prize winners (the “Prize Winners”):
- 1 x Overall Winner;
- 1 x 1st Runner-Up; and
- 1 x 2nd Runner-Up.
Overall Winner’s Package:
- Hostelworld: €200 Accommodation Voucher. Hostelworld will upload the voucher to the Prize Winner’s Hostelworld account by 30 April 2021. Voucher will be subject to Hostelworld’s Vouchers Terms and Conditions [link] and can be used towards the deposit of future bookings.
- Epic Backpacker Tours: 15-day Pakistan Adventure (link). The Prize Winner will have until 31st December 2022 to book this adventure with Epic Backpacker Tours. Hostelworld will pass the Prize Winner’s details to Epic Backpacker Tours and the tour will be arranged directly with Epic Backpacker Tours. Please note, this Prize excludes flights.
- World Nomads: 1 x Travel Insurance Policy (up to €150). World Nomads will provide one (1) travel insurance policy for use on the WorldNomads.com website for the Prize Winner. If the Prize Winner requires the “Explorer Plan” travel insurance policy, it must be purchased by the Prize Winner through the World Nomads website in the name of the Prize Winner. Once proof of purchase has been provided, World Nomads will reimburse the cost of the insurance policy via bank transfer up to the value of €150. The travel insurance policy from World Nomads will be issued subject to the Prize Winner meeting eligibility criteria and subject to the policy’s terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. If the Prize Winner is not eligible for travel insurance through World Nomads, they will be responsible for obtaining their own travel insurance to cover all activities and will be reimbursed (up to roughly €150) by World Nomads within roughly thirty (30) days of receiving proof of purchase.
1st Runner-Up Package:
- Hostelworld: €50 Accommodation Voucher. Hostelworld will upload the voucher to the Prize Winner’s Hostelworld account by 30th April 2021. Voucher will be subject to Hostelworld’s Vouchers Terms and Conditions [link] and can be used towards the deposit of future bookings.
- Google: Google Nest Hub. Hostelworld will deliver the Google Nest Hub, at no additional cost, to the Prize Winner using the postal address provided by the winner. The Prize Winner must reside in a country that the Google Nest Hub is certified for use. These countries are as follows: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States (except Puerto Rico). If the Prize Winner does not reside in one of these countries unfortunately Hostelworld cannot issue this prize. Please note that deliveries may also be subject to customs or other delays into the Prize Winner’s destination country and Hostelworld will not bear any responsibility for such delays.
- The Broke Backpacker: 7-Nights Free accommodation in Will Hatton’s (The Broke Backpacker) new Canggu hostel in Bali. Please note that this hostel is due to open in September 2021. The Prize Winner will have until 31st December 2022 to book. Includes seven (7) nights’ accommodation in a private room for one (1) person. Please note, this Prize excludes flights. Hostelworld will pass the Prize Winner’s details on to The Broke Backpacker and the stay will be arranged directly with The Broke Backpacker.
2nd Runner-Up Package:
- Hostelworld: €50 Accommodation Voucher. Hostelworld will upload the voucher to the Prize Winner’s Hostelworld account by 30th April 2021. Voucher will be subject to Hostelworld’s Vouchers Terms and Conditions and can be used towards the deposit of future bookings.
- @MurphsLife: 7-night Free Experience with Aaron Murphy on one of his empowerment projects in South America. The project and country location for the project will be agreed upon between Aaron Murphy and the Prize Winner before 31st December 2022. This Prize includes seven (7) nights’ accommodation and food provided by Aaron Murphy for two (2) people. Please note this Prize excludes flights. Hostelworld will pass the Prize Winner’s details on to @MurpsLife and the stay will be arranged directly with @MurpsLife.
- @Lovereisandsoul: Virtual Tarot Card Reading Session with Reis Armstrong. Hostelworld will pass the Prize Winner’s details on to Reis. The session will be hosted on such video conferencing software and at a date and time as agreed between Reis and the Prize Winner.
- This Promotion is open to all new and existing customers of Hostelworld, excluding employees of Hostelworld or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this Promotion. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. Hostelworld reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Hostelworld may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and a Prize may be withheld until and unless Hostelworld is satisfied with the verification.
- Entrants must be aged 18 (eighteen) or over. Each Entrant is required to fully and correctly complete the registration requirements for the Hostelworld App. In entering the Promotion, the Entrant does so at his/her own risk and on his/her own initiative and is responsible for complying with local laws, to the extent any local laws apply. Entry into the Promotion may be unlawful under certain local laws and if entry in the Promotion is unlawful, the Entrant will be immediately disqualified from the Promotion. This is unfortunate but beyond our control.
- Only one entry per person per email is allowed. Entrants may only vote for one (1) hostel per category. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
- The Promotion runs during the Promotion Period set out above until the Closing Date. Entries received after the Closing Date and time will not be entered into the Promotion.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this Promotion, and in the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
- The winners will be selected from all eligible entries received as set out above. Each winner will be notified by email no later than Friday 30th April 2021. Each Prize must be claimed by the Prize Winner within fourteen (14) calendar days of the date of notification to claim their Prize by responding to the Winner’s Email. In the event that a Winner fails to respond in writing via e-mail within that period, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Promotion or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be disqualified and such Prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and another entrant may be awarded that Prize at Hostelworld’s discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual that submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the e-mail account.
- Neither Hostelworld nor the Organisers will not be responsible for any inability of a Prize winner to take up or claim the specified Prize.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, where a Prize requires attendance at a specific venue, the winner and any permitted companions will be solely responsible for travel to and from the venue and all other expenses. Hostelworld assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize. Any additional terms of entry specified by the venue will also apply.
- Hostelworld and each relevant Organiser reserves the right to provide substitute Prize(s) of similar value should the specified Prize(s) become unavailable for whatever reason. Cash or credit alternatives may be offered at Hostelworld’s sole and exclusive discretion. None of the Prizes are transferable. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside Hostelworld’s control. Hostelworld will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information. Hostelworld will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event. Additional terms and conditions may apply in respect of any given Prize(s).
- Hostelworld accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, incomplete, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
- In respect of a Prize, all conditions, terms, warranties and representations whether express or implied by law in relation to the provision of such Prize are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Promotion, including the allocation of more Prizes than are available, Hostelworld reserves the right to: end or suspend the Promotion; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available Prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
- If any part of these provisions is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these provisions shall not be affected and such provision shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision consistent with applicable law and, in its modified form, such provision shall then be enforceable and enforced.
- By entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees to allow the Promoter Organiser to use their name, nationality and country of residence to be displayed as a winner on the Hostelworld.com website. By entering the Promotion, the Entrant agrees, in the event that they are a Prize Winner, to participate in such promotional activity as is reasonably requested by the Promoter, such as providing the Promoter with content for the Hostelworld.com website, blog, e-newsletters, and social media channels for further marketing purposes following the Promotion.
- Entrants’ personal data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this Promotion. Personal data supplied during the course of this Promotion will only be processed as set out in the Promoter’s Promotion Privacy Notice below. Where a Prize is provided by an Organiser acting at the direction of Hostelworld, or where a Prize includes tickets to an event, then for the purpose of administering the ticket allocation, Hostelworld reserves the right to exchange information and personal data regarding tickets and applications with such Organiser or other third party ticket providers and/or service providers.
- Hostelworld’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Hostelworld reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the Promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and the Entrant hereby agrees that for the benefit of the Promoter and without prejudice to the right of the Promoter to take proceedings before any other court of competent jurisdiction, that the courts of Ireland shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceedings that might arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and for such purposes the Entrant irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such courts.
- The promoter of this Promotion is Hostelworld Services Limited, Floor 2, 52 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4LR, UK (“Hostelworld”).
Hostelworld “EXTRAORDINARY HOSCARs” Promotion Privacy Notice
Hostelworld Services Limited (the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects and processes personal information relating to you in connection with the Promotion entitled “EXTRAORDINARY HOSCARs” (the “Promotion”). We do this in compliance with our obligations under applicable data protection law. This notice explains what personal data relating to you is collected, the purposes for which it is used, the third parties to whom it may be disclosed and how you can exercise your rights in relation to your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the Promotion’s terms and conditions.
Personal Data Collected
If you are a Promotion entrant, the types of personal data relating to you that we collect and process are:
- your name, surname, email address; and
- if you are declared to be the winner of the Promotion in accordance with the Promotion’s terms and conditions, you will be required to provide your email address, address, age, country of residence, and other information necessary to provide you with the Promotion prizes.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Bases
Your name will be used for the purposes of carrying out the Promotion. The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
If you are declared to be the winner of the Promotion your name, surname, address and email address will be used for the purposes of arranging the prizes. The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
If you are declared to be the winner of the Promotion your name, country of residence and other content such as pictures, social media stories, and videos, may be uploaded to our website and social media sites including our blog or may be used for our e-newsletter. The legal bases for this processing are that it is in our legitimate interests to carry on marketing activities and that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to social media service providers and other IT service providers;
- to social media influencers who promote the Promotion;
- to campaign partners that facilitated the prize packages
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law; and
- to other members of our corporate group.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise in connection with your contract.
In connection with the above, we may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers, which may include entering into a contract governing the transfer which contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission. For further details of the measures that we have taken in this regard, please contact us at email@example.com.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or require us to transmit that data to another controller; and
- where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights, you have the right to make a complaint to our lead data protection supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commission (email@example.com) or your local data protection supervisory authority.