- Competition description
|[What is your next adventure?]|
|Description of the Prize (the “Prize”):||The Prize includes a two nights in one mutual agreed hostel for two people (the winner and a friend), up to a maximum value of 250 pounds sterling, and a scratch map from Maps International. There will be one winner. Travel expenses are not included. Travel must take place strictly between 1st Jan 2018 until 30th June 2018.
The accommodation will be provided by us. Accommodation type: Mixed Dormitory Bed or Private Room for the “Winner” and their friend. The accommodation type will be subject to availability.
Entrants must tag the friend that they would share the prize with by @mentioning them on the competition Facebook post on the promoter’s Facebook page.
There is no cash equivalent of the “Prize”.
|Number of Winner(s) (the “Winner(s)”):||There will be one (1) Winner of the Prize who will be able to bring one friend to join them on this trip.|
|Draw Open:||The Draw will be open for participation from 9:30pm GMT on 26th November 2017 until 6pm GMT on 3rd December 2017.|
|Date Draw Will Take Place:||The Draw for the Prize will be held on 4th December 2017 at 3pm GMT. It will be a random draw.|
|Winner(s)/Alternative Winner(s) will be notified by:||The Winners/Alternative Winners will be notified by the Promoter via his or her submitted email address/Facebook Message.|
|Date by which Winner(s) must claim their Prize:||Within 3 calendar days from the date of notification that they are a Winner in accordance with Clause 8 on 6th December 2017.|
|Date by which Alternative Winner(s) must claim their Prize:||Within three (3) calendar days from the date of notification that they are an Alternative Winner in accordance with Clause 8 on 9th December 2017. If the first alternative winner is unable to confirm their prize within three (3) calendar days, the second alternative winner will be notified and this will repeat on a rolling basis.|
|Entry Requirements (the “Entry Requirements”)||Entrants must tag the friend that they would share the prize with by @mentioning them on the competition Facebook post on the promoter’s Facebook page.
Entrants must upload a picture they photographed onto the competition Facebook post on the promoter’s Facebook page.
- The promoter of the Draw is Hostelworld.com Limited of Floor 2, One Central Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18, Ireland.
- By entering the Draw, the “Entrant” agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and agrees that the decision of the Promoter is binding and final.
- No purchase is necessary for entry into the Draw.
- The Prize is provided by the Promoter and, where relevant, the Partner.
- The Promoter does not own or run any of the services which are provided as part of the Prize. In order to avail of the Prize, the Winners will be required to agree to any relevant terms and conditions or contract required by the third parties supplying the Prize including, where relevant, the Partner. The Winners acknowledge that the Promoter will not be party to any such agreements with the third party suppliers, and will not be liable to the Winners in respect of the terms of those agreements whether directly or indirectly.
- The Prize is subject to availability, and is at the discretion of Promoter and, where relevant, the Partner.
- The Prize is non-transferable, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and can only be claimed by the Winners who are notified by the Promoter in accordance with the procedure detailed in Clause 1 above.
- Where the Prize includes flights, the departure airport used will be dependent on the direct availability from the Winners’ nearest available international airport, which may not necessarily be the closest.
- The Winners may need a visa to travel to the country in which the Prize is located, which they should arrange with the relevant country’s local Embassy, at their own expense. It is the Winners’ responsibility to comply with any of relevant country’s visa requirements. Approval is at the discretion of the relevant country’s Embassy and the Promoter and Partner cannot be held responsible for any visa applications being rejected.
- Travel insurance is not included in the Prize and it is the Winners’ responsibility to arrange suitable cover for his/her needs if this is relevant to the Prize.
- Entrants as well as their nominated friend must be aged 18 (eighteen) or over. In entering the Draw, the Entrant does so at his/her own risk and on his/her own initiative, and is responsible for complying with local laws, to the extent any local laws apply. Entry into the Draw may be unlawful under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction and if entry in the Draw is unlawful, the Entrant will breach these terms and conditions and will be immediately disqualified from the Draw. The winner and their nominated friend have to fully and correctly fill in a form provided by the Promoter, including first name, last name and email address.
- The Draw is not open to employees or agents of the Promoter or any affiliated companies or subsidiaries or any third parties involved in the Draw including, where relevant, the Partner.
- The Draw is open for participation between the dates set out in Clause 1 above. The Entrants will be required to comply with any Entry Requirements. The Draw for the Prize will be held on the date set out in Clause 1 above.
- The Winner(s) of the Draw shall be chosen at random by the Promoter from all entries that meet the Entry Requirements.
- By entering the Draw each Entrant agrees, and confirms the agreement of their nominated friend, to allow the Promoter to use their name and nationality, which will be displayed as a Winner on the Hostelworld.com blog as well as on the Facebook post and will procure the consent of their nominated friend for use of their name.
- By entering the Draw the Entrant agrees, and confirms the agreement of their nominated friend, in the event that they are a Winner, to participate in such promotional activity as is reasonably requested by the Promoter, such as providing the Promoter with content (e.g. pictures, Instagram stories or videos) for the Hostelworld.com website, blog, e-newsletters, and social media channels for further marketing purposes following the Draw.
- By entering into the Draw the Entrant agrees, and confirms the agreement of their nominated friend, to subscription to Hostelworld.com e-newsletters.
- The Winner(s) shall claim the Prize by the date set out in Clause 1. In the event that a Winner fails to respond in writing via e-mail by that date, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Draw or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Draw and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. The Promoter shall then draw from all remaining eligible entries and an alternative Entrant shall be selected as winner of the relevant Prize (the “Alternative Winner“).
- The Alternative Winner shall be notified in accordance with the procedure detailed in Clause 1 above. The Alternative Winner shall claim the Prize by the date set out in Clause 1. In the event that the Alternative Winner fails to respond in writing via e-mail by that date, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Draw or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Draw and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. The Prize shall then be re-issued to the next alternative winner on a rolling basis.
- Only one entry per email address or, where relevant, social media account (last entry) will be accepted. The Promoter will not accept multiple entries using the same email address or social media account.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual that submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the e-mail or social media account.
- Each Entrant releases and holds, and confirms the agreement of their nominated friend, the Promoter and its employees, agents, sub-contractors and consultants not responsible for any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Draw or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- The receipt by an Entrant of any Prize is conditional upon that Entrant executing all relevant releases and other documentation and providing such assistance as the Promoter may reasonably require.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any breach of its obligations hereunder resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to fires, strikes (of its own or other employees), insurrection or riots, embargoes, delays in transportation, requirements or regulations of any civil or military authority, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failure and the Promoter shall be entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Draw and these terms and conditions without liability.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue this Draw or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to Entrants.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and the Entrant hereby agrees that for the benefit of the Promoter and without prejudice to the right of the Promoter to take proceedings before any other court of competent jurisdiction, that the courts of Ireland shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceedings that might arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and for such purposes the Entrant irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such courts.