Please click here for the privacy notice.
1. Competition description
Competition Name (the “Draw”): “Live Travel Quiz on Facebook”
Description of the Prize (the “Prize”): There are forty (40) Prizes available.
There is no cash equivalent of the Prize. The Prize Winners cannot request any alternative prizes. The prizes can be transferable. The Prize will be delivered to the e-mail address which is provided by the Winner after being chosen and contacted.
If flights are included in the Prize, the Winner is responsible for all taxes, costs and other expenses that are not explicitly included in the prize and agrees that upon accepting the prize he/she does so entirely at his/her own risk and responsibility. If flights are included in the Prize, Hostelworld will pay up to a maximum total prize of €1,200 for 2 return economy flights from the nearest available international (or if applicable, domestic) airport. Hostelworld will book the flights.
Entry requirements: To enter the Prize Draw entrants must be aged 18 (eighteen) or over, have their own active Facebook account and have access to the Hostelworld Live video on Facebook.
Entry mechanics: Entrants must submit their answer to the question stated on the screen by leaving a comment on the live video on Facebook. Each round lasts for 60 seconds. Entries received after the end of the round (60 seconds) will not be valid. Entrants must submit the correct answer in the comments within the 60 seconds to be in with a chance of winning the stated prize.
Individuals can enter multiple times but can only win a maximum of one prize. Once they have been selected as a winner, they will be unable to win again.
Draw: The Draw will be open for participation 7pm GMT on from 30th April 2018 until 7.45pm GMT on 30th April 2018. The winner will be selected at random from the correct answers. All entrants (including the winners) must comply with any reasonable directions given to him or her by the Promoter in connection with the Prize Draw. Failure to comply with such directions may result in an invalid Entry and/or withdrawal of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered in respect of any decision made in connection with this Prize Draw.
At the end of the Prize Draw Period, the Promoter will announce the Winners by commenting on the Facebook live video and ask the Entrant to contact the Promoter via direct message on Facebook whereby the Promoter will ask the Entrant for their name, delivery address, mobile and email address. Once the Details have been provided in the manner stipulated herein, the Promoter will provide further details regarding the Prize.
The Winners must provide details in order to claim the Prize. To claim the Prize, Winners must send a Facebook inbox message to the Hostelworld Facebook page with their full name, preferred delivery address, email address and confirming that they are aged 18 (eighteen) or over within seventy-two (72) hours of the Live Quiz finishing. If any Winner fails to claim their prize and provide their details to the Promoter within 72 hours, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the Prize from that Winner.
The Promoter reserves the right to publish each Winner’s name and Entry on the Promoter’s official social media accounts, including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. By entering the Prize Draw, if you are a Winner you agree to your Entry being published and to take part in and co-operate fully with all reasonable publicity accompanying or resulting from this Prize Draw without further recompense.
The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue this Draw or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to Entrants.
2. The promoter of the Draw is Hostelworld.com Limited (hereafter known as the “Promoter”) of Floor 2, One Central Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18, Ireland.
3. By entering the Draw, the “Entrant” agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and agrees that the decision of the Promoter is binding and final.
4. No purchase is necessary for entry into the Draw.
5. The Prize is provided by the Promoter and, where relevant, the Partner.
6. The Promoter does not own or run any of the services which are provided as part of the Prize. In order to avail of the Prize, the Winner will be required to agree to any relevant terms and conditions or contract required by the third parties supplying the Prize including, where relevant, the Partner. The Winner acknowledges that the Promoter will not be party to any such agreements with the third party suppliers, and will not be liable to the Winner in respect of the terms of those agreements whether directly or indirectly.
7. The Prize is subject to availability, and is at the discretion of Promoter and, where relevant, the Partner.
8. The Prize is transferable but cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and can only be claimed by the Winner who is notified by the Promoter in accordance with the procedure detailed in Clause 1 above. To claim the Prize, the Winner may have to accept certain terms and conditions, which will be sent to the Winner when they are notified that they have won the Prize in accordance with Clause 1.
9. Where the Prize includes flights, the departure airport used will be dependent on the direct availability from the Winner’s nearest available domestic or international airport, which may not necessarily be the closest.
10. The Winner may need a visa to travel to the country in which the Prize is located, which they should arrange with the relevant country’s local Embassy, at their own expense. It is the responsibility of the Winner to comply with any of relevant country’s visa requirements. Approval is at the discretion of the relevant country’s Embassy and the Promoter and Partner cannot be held responsible for any visa applications being rejected.
11. Travel insurance is not included in the Prize and it is the responsibility of the Winner to arrange suitable cover for their needs if this is relevant to the Prize.
12. Entrants must be aged 18 (eighteen) or over. Entrants must guess the answer to the question stated on the screen, each round last for 60 seconds.
13. In entering the Draw, the Entrant does so at his/her own risk and on his/her own initiative, and is responsible for complying with local laws, to the extent any local laws apply. Entry into the Draw may be unlawful under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction and if entry in the Draw is unlawful, the Entrant will breach these terms and conditions and will be immediately disqualified from the Draw.
14. The Draw is not open to employees or agents of the Promoter or any affiliated companies or subsidiaries or any third parties involved in the Draw including, where relevant, the Partner.
15. The Draw is open for participation between the dates set out in Clause 1 above. The Entrants will be required to comply with any Entry Requirements. The Draw for the Prize will be held on the date set out in Clause 1 above.
16. The Winner of the Draw shall be chosen at random by the Promoter from all entries that meet the Entry Requirements.
17. By entering the Draw each Entrant agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and Facebook profile picture, which will be displayed during the Facebook Live Quiz.
18. By entering the Draw each Entrant agrees, in the event they are a Winner, to participate in such promotional activity as is reasonably requested by the Promoter, such as providing the Promoter with content (e.g. pictures, Instagram stories or videos) for the Hostelworld.com website, blog, newsletters, and social media channels for further marketing purposes following the Draw.
19. The Winner shall claim the Prize by the date set out in Clause 1. In the event that a Winner fails to respond in writing via Facebook message by that date, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Draw or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Draw and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize.
20. Individuals can enter multiple times but can only win a maximum of one prize. Once they have been selected as a winner, they will be unable to win again.
21. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual that submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the social media account.
22. Each Entrant releases and holds the Promoter and its employees, agents, sub-contractors and consultants harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Draw or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
23. The receipt by an Entrant of any Prize is conditional upon that Entrant executing all relevant releases and other documentation and providing such assistance as the Promoter may reasonably require.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any breach of its obligations hereunder resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to fires, strikes (of its own or other employees), insurrection or riots, embargoes, delays in transportation, requirements or regulations of any civil or military authority, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failure and the Promoter shall be entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Draw and these terms and conditions without liability.
25. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue this Draw or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to Entrants.
26. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and the Entrant hereby agrees that for the benefit of the Promoter and without prejudice to the right of the Promoter to take proceedings before any other court of competent jurisdiction, that the courts of Ireland shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceedings that might arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and for such purposes the Entrant irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such courts.