Hostelworld Services Limited “Wish List” Competition – Terms and Conditions
- Promoter: The promoter of the “Wish List” promotion (the “Promotion”) is Hostelworld Services Limited (the “Promoter”) of Floor 2, 52 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4LR, UK.
- How to Qualify: Entrants must create a ‘Wish List’ on the Hostelworld App (iOS or Android) called “Wish List Competition” and add at least 3 hostels to their Wish List between 00:00 (BST) on Friday 31st July and 23:59 (BST) on Sunday 9th August (the “Promotion Period”) to be in with a chance to win one of three (3) Sundrift eco-friendly backpacks – https://sundriftstore.com/.
- Existing Hostelworld Customers: Existing users must make sure they have downloaded the Hostelworld App and have an email address registered to their account.
New Customers: New customers must download the Hostelworld App (iOS or Android) and create a new account using their email address.
- The Promotion is free to enter and the Prize is provided by Sundrift Limited (“Sundrift”). No purchase is necessary.
- By entering the Promotion, the “Entrant” agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and agrees that the decision of the Promoter is binding and final.
- The full details of the prize are as below.
- There will be three (3) prize winners (the “Prize Winners”) who will have a choice of one of 3 of Sundrift eco-friendly backpacks from Sundrift’s ‘Mogotio’ or ‘Panglao’ backpack range (the “Prizes”) (https://sundriftstore.com/collections/frontpage), provided by Sundrift.
- The opening date for the Promotion is 00:00 (BST) on Friday 31st July. The Promotion ends at 23:59 (BST) on Sunday, 9th August 2020. Wish Lists made before or after the Promotion Period will not be considered.
- Only Wish Lists made via the Hostelworld App during the Promotion Period are eligible for participation in the Promotion. Wish Lists made on our website will not be eligible for participation in the Promotion.
- The three (3) Prize Winners will be selected by random draw performed by a computer from the email address linked to the Entrants’ account to win their Prizes. The Prize Each winner will be notified by email that they have won a Prize (the “Winner’s Email”), using the email address linked to their Hostelworld account when participating in the Promotion.
- The Prizes must be claimed by the Prize Winners within three (3) calendar days of the date of notification to claim their Prize by responding to the Winner’s Email. In the event that a Winner fails to respond in writing via e-mail within that period, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Promotion or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be disqualified and will relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual that submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the e-mail account.
- The Prize can only be claimed by the Prize Winner who is notified by the Promoter in accordance with these terms. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Promotion, including the Prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Each Prize will be delivered by Sundrift, at no additional cost to each Prize Winner using the postal address provided by each Prize Winner. Sundrift will ship to all destination countries excluding: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sierra Leone, Palestinian Territories, South Sudan, Myanmar, and Crimea Ukraine. Any additional or unexpected shipping or customs costs to countries outside the EU/EEA shall be borne by each Prize Winner. Please note that deliveries may also be subject to customs or other delays into the Prize Winner’s destination country and neither Sundrift nor the Promoter shall bear any responsibility for such delays.
- Entrants must be aged 18 (eighteen) or over. Each Entrant is required to fully and correctly complete the registration requirements for the Hostelworld App. In entering the Promotion, the Entrant does so at his/her own risk and on his/her own initiative, and is responsible for complying with local laws, to the extent any local laws apply. Entry into the Promotion may be unlawful under certain local laws and if entry in the Promotion is unlawful, the Entrant will be immediately disqualified from the Promotion. This is unfortunate but beyond our control.
- The Promotion is only open to those who create a Wish List on their Hostelworld account using the Hostelworld App during the Promotion Period, add at least three (3) hostels to their Wish List and call it “Wish List Competition”. Wish Lists deleted during the Promotion Period will not be eligible for participation in the Promotion.
- The Promotion is not open to employees or agents or the immediate family members of employees or agents of the Promoter or any affiliated companies or subsidiaries or any third parties involved in the Promotion.
- The Promotion is open only during the Promotion Period. The selection of the Prize Winners will take place during the week commencing 10 August 2020.
- By entering the Promotion each Entrant agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and nationality to be displayed as a winner on the Hostelworld.com website. By entering the Promotion the Entrant agrees, in the event that they are the Prize Winner, to participate in such promotional activity as is reasonably requested by the Promoter, such as providing the Promoter with content for the Hostelworld.com website, blog, e-newsletters, and social media channels for further marketing purposes following the Promotion.
- Each Entrant releases and holds the Promoter and its employees, agents, sub-contractors and consultants harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Promotion or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any breach of its obligations resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control and the Promoter shall be entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and these terms and conditions without liability.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this Promotion will only be processed as set out in the Promoter’s Promotion Privacy Notice below.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the Entrant hereby agrees that for the benefit of the Promoter and without prejudice to the right of the Promoter to take proceedings before any other court of competent jurisdiction, that the courts of England and Wales shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceedings that might arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and for such purposes the Entrant irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such courts.
Hostelworld Services Limited “Wishlist” Competition Privacy Notice (the “Notice”)
Hostelworld Services Limited (the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects and processes personal information relating to you in connection with the Promotion entitled “Wishlist Competition” (the “Promotion”). We do this in compliance with our obligations under applicable data protection law. This notice explains what personal data relating to you is collected, the purposes for which it is used, the third parties to whom it may be disclosed and how you can exercise your rights in relation to your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the Promotion’s terms and conditions.
Personal Data Collected
If you are a Promotion entrant, the types of personal data relating to you that we collect and process may include:
- your name, surname, email address; and
- if you are declared to be the winner of the Promotion in accordance with the Promotion’s terms and conditions, you will be required to provide your email address, address, age, country of residence, and other information necessary to provide you with the Promotion prizes.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Bases
- Your name will be used for the purposes of carrying out the Promotion. The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
- If you are declared to be the winner of the Promotion your name, surname, address and email address will be used for the purposes of arranging the prizes. The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
- If you are declared to be the winner of the Promotion your name, country of residence and other content such as pictures, social media stories, and videos, may be uploaded to our website and social media sites including our blog, or may be used for our e-newsletter. The legal bases for this processing are that it is in our legitimate interests to carry on marketing activities, and that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to social media service providers and other IT service providers;
- to social media influencers who promote the Promotion;
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law; and
- to other members of our corporate group.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise in connection with your contract.
In connection with the above we may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers, which may include entering into a contract governing the transfer which contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission. For further details of the measures that we have taken in this regard, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller; and
- where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can contact us at email@example.com.
If you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights, you have the right to make a complaint to our lead data protection supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commission (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your local data protection supervisory authority.