Hostelworld.com Competition Terms and Conditions
- The details of the competition are as set out below:
Competition Name: World Photo Day & Supersnaps Competition
Description of the Prize:
Two nights for two people in a hostel on hostelworld.com and a £50 Supersnaps voucher. The prize has to be claimed before 30th December 2017
Delivery costs are not included in the £50 voucher. These are: UK: £2.99 Europe: £9.89 USA: £7.99 AUS: £14.25
The prize does not include any travel costs.
There will be one winner of the prize.
The hostel prize must not exceed €300 per person
Draw Open: The Draw will be open for participation from 6pm UK GMT on 17.8.2017 until 10pm 23:59 GMT on 21.8.2017
Date Draw Will Take Place: The Draw for the Prize will be held on 23.8.2017 at 10am GMT. Winner(s)/Alternative Winner(s) will be notified by: 23.8.2017 The Winner(s)/Alternative Winner(s) will be notified by the Promoter via the competition post on the promoter’s Facebook page.
Date by which Winner(s) must claim their Prize: Within five (5) calendar days from the date of notification that they are a Winner in accordance with Clause 8/by 10am GMT on 28.8.2017
Date by which Alternative Winner(s) must claim their Prize: Within three (3) calendar days from the date of notification that they are an Alternative Winner in accordance with Clause 8/by 11am GMT on 3.9.2017
Entry Requirements: Entrants must upload a picture they photographed on Instagram, tag the promotor (@hostelworld) on the picture and use the hashtag #HostelworldXSuperSnaps.
- The promoter of the Draw is Hostelworld.com Limited (hereafter known as the “Promoter”) of Floor 2, One Central Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18, Ireland.
- By entering the Draw, the “Entrant” agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and agrees that the decision of the Promoter is binding and final.
- No purchase is necessary for entry into the Draw.
- The Prize is provided by the Promoter and, where relevant, the Partner.
- The Promoter does not own or run any of the services which are provided as part of the Prize. In order to avail of the Prize, the Winner(s) will be required to agree to any relevant terms and conditions or contract required by the third parties supplying the Prize including, where relevant, the Partner. The Winner(s) acknowledge that the Promoter will not be party to any such agreements with the third party suppliers, and will not be liable to the Winner(s) in respect of the terms of those agreement(s) whether directly or indirectly.
- The Prize is subject to availability, and is at the discretion of Promoter and, where relevant, the Partner.
- The Prize is non-transferable, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and can only be claimed by the Winner(s) who are notified by the Promoter in accordance with the procedure detailed in Clause 1 above.
- Where the Prize includes flights, the departure airport used will be dependent on the direct availability from the Winner(s)’ nearest available international airport, which may not necessarily be the closest.
- The Winner(s) may need a visa to travel to the country in which the Prize is located, which they should arrange with the relevant country’s local Embassy, at their own expense. It is the Winner(s)’ responsibility to comply with any of relevant country’s visa requirements. Approval is at the discretion of the relevant country’s Embassy and the Promoter and Partner cannot be held responsible for any visa applications being rejected.
- Travel insurance is not included in the Prize and it is the Winner(s)’ responsibility to arrange suitable cover for his/her needs if this is relevant to the Prize.
- Entrants must be aged 18 (eighteen) or over. Each Entrant is required to fully and correctly complete the entry form, including first name, last name and email address. In entering the Draw, the Entrant does so at his/her own risk and on his/her own initiative, and is responsible for complying with local laws, to the extent any local laws apply. Entry into the Draw may be unlawful under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction and if entry in the Draw is unlawful, the Entrant will breach these terms and conditions and will be immediately disqualified from the Draw.
- The Draw is not open to employees or agents of the Promoter or any affiliated companies or subsidiaries or any third parties involved in the Draw including, where relevant, the Partner.
- The Draw is open for participation between the dates set out in Clause 1 above. The Entrants will be required to comply with any Entry Requirements. The Draw for the Prize will be held on the date set out in Clause 1 above.
- The Winner(s) of the Draw shall be chosen at random by the Promoter from all entries that meet the Entry Requirements.
- By entering the Draw each Entrant agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and nationality to be displayed as a Winner on the Hostelworld.com website.
- By entering the Draw the Entrant agrees, in the event that they are a Winner, to participate in such promotional activity as is reasonably requested by the Promoter, such as providing the Promoter with content for the Hostelworld.com website, blog, e-newsletters, and social media channels for further marketing purposes following the Draw.
- By entering into the Draw the Entrant agrees to subscription to Hostelworld.com e-newsletters.
- The Winner(s) shall claim the Prize by the date set out in Clause 1. In the event that a Winner fails to respond in writing via e-mail by that date, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Draw or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Draw and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. The Promoter shall then draw from all remaining eligible entries and an alternative Entrant shall be selected as winner of the relevant Prize (the “Alternative Winner”).
- The Alternative Winner shall be notified in accordance with the procedure detailed in Clause 1 above. The Alternative Winner shall claim the Prize by the date set out in Clause 1. In the event that the Alternative Winner fails to respond in writing via e-mail by that date, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Draw or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Draw and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. The Prize shall then be returned to the inventory and the Draw shall be discontinued.
- Only one entry per email address or, where relevant, social media account (last entry) will be accepted. The Promoter will not accept multiple entries using the same email address or social media account.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual that submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the e-mail or social media account.
- Each Entrant releases and holds the Promoter and its employees, agents, sub-contractors and consultants harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Draw or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- The receipt by an Entrant of any Prize is conditional upon that Entrant executing all relevant releases and other documentation and providing such assistance as the Promoter may reasonably require.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any breach of its obligations hereunder resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to fires, strikes (of its own or other employees), insurrection or riots, embargoes, delays in transportation, requirements or regulations of any civil or military authority, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failure and the Promoter shall be entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Draw and these terms and conditions without liability.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue this Draw or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to Entrants.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and the Entrant hereby agrees that for the benefit of the Promoter and without prejudice to the right of the Promoter to take proceedings before any other court of competent jurisdiction, that the courts of Ireland shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceedings that might arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and for such purposes the Entrant irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such courts.
Pic credit: Giulia Rossi in Salar de Uyuni – Bolivia