36 ROOMS Berlin Kreuzberg

• lucyrussell548953
  • England, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2018
6.6

36 rooms was a good place to stay when exploaring Kreuzberg, and a easy walk into the centre. The hostel is quiet nosy, but I think this is expected for the area, the bulk of guests are there for Berlins night life. The one thing that was rubbish is a compulsory extra charge of €2.50 euros for bed linen, not stated when booking. This is a minimal cost however we had taken our own silk liners and still had to pay weather we used bedding or not. This cost Should be included in the nights cost.

• Scotland, Female, 31-40
9th Aug 2018
6.3

The room was fine for the price/location. Staff were pretty unorganised and rude at times. If you don’t enjoy being looked at like you’re a piece of sh*t for asking a simple question about something the staff are paid to do I wouldn’t stay here.

• England, Female, 25-30
9th Aug 2018
5.1

Great location and cool building. All but one staff members were unhelpful to the point of rudeness, offering v little help or info when asked. Depends what you’re looking for in a hostel but for what you get it wasn’t that cheap or clean or quiet at night. Was told I could rent a bike the next day, then was told in the morn that all 3 bikes were broken and zero help/apology. I moved to another hostel after a few nights and found staff way better and cheaper. Look elsewhere

• carlhelander13205

• jakubkaluza1508
  • Poland, Male, 25-30
7th Aug 2018
5.1

The room I was staying in was overbooked, so I almost find myself sharing beds with strangers, luckily the guy didn't came in for the night. Moreover my electric toothbrush got stolen. One of the receptionists wasn’t too friendly.

• taarikadougan2519
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Aug 2018
7.1

Took 2 hours to check us in. Triedto put our bags in locker room at 1pm and everytime I approached the desk they told me to sit down and wait. Continued to check in guests who came after and continuesly told us to wait. Then there was a “problem”, then there was a change in staff so waited more. 3:15pm finally allowed drop our luggage and not even check in. Good location, good for socialising, kitchen and beer garden. Rooms spacious but very hot. Not great security

31st Jul 2018
6.9

Location is nice, Kreuzberg is a good place for parties. There are so many drugdealers walking on the streets but it's not so dangerous for your life. You need to pay extra money for bed sheets. And for locker (+2 euro). But locker is necessary because if your room not locked everybody can get in. People who live in hostel were kind and communicable. Stuff is nice too. Rooms are quit clean, shower curtain was in the bad condition. No fan in the room. Should I live here again - maybe.

• Ukraine, Female, 18-24
30th Jul 2018
4.6

The room was dirty as well as the bed. I had lots of bites from bed bugs. Showers were alright but could be cleaner. Somebody's also stolen the food I bought, although I mentioned my name on it and the number of the room. It was too hot in the room so it was impossible to fall asleep in a terrible heat. Also, strong odour of weed was everywhere.

• cjhendie999408
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
27th Jul 2018
7.1

Great place for a weekend, quite central and near enough to a U-bahn station. Rooms are decent and beds are fairly comfortable! Bathrooms were pretty unpleasant though, bring shower flip flops for sure. Staff are nice but a little too laid back, especially late at night (even though 24 hour desk service is great). I was given a key to the wrong room, luckily the guy who should've been in that bed was out all night otherwise that would've been a pain.

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
27th Jul 2018
5.4

This place really has good potential, but I must say that I would not recommend it - here's why; It has a good location, nice dorms, and a cool Berlin vibe to it (a nice lobby) but the door phone didn't work (I had to wait 20 min. for someone to exit when arriving), the check in was too slow (we were 10 people waiting, it took the employee 45 min. to check me in. She was kind but NOT effective), the lockers in the dorms were too small to fit a bag inside (!), and several of the WCs had no locks.

×