AAE Portland Downtown

Good 399 Total Reviews

• torinelson09032488
  • USA, Female, 25-30
13th Nov 2018

I loved this hostel! I am a single woman traveling and I felt very safe. I will absolutely book this place again!

22nd Sep 2018
6.0

This hostel and the website have a major disconnect. DO NOT BOOK THIS PLACE IF YOU ARE 30 YEARS OLD OR OLDER.

• jabu811922
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
14th Sep 2018
2.0

With all my luggage, after the tiring trip, and spending time, money & effort to get to the hostel, I was supposed to feel relieved, but got rejected because of my age! I am in my 30's! Can you imagine being discriminated and not having a place to stay in a strange city? After turning me down, the receptionist is not even empathetic & helpful. The name displayed at the front of the building says a totally different name too which is confusing. Also, the place stinks like an indian kitchen.

• cjstandish4972
  • USA, Female, 41+
13th Sep 2018

I loved my stay at AAE Portland. Very friendly staff. I had a single private room. Microwave, mini-fridge, flat-screen TV with cable. Everything I needed. The grocery stores nearby were expensive. I drove to Target; $30 for 4 days of food. My room overlooked the streetcar tracks. Especially at night they were noisy. I happen to sleep very soundly so never awoke though. Liked the East Indian decor and especially the rose bushes planted outside along the bldg. Perfect stay.

• raindear3333946
  • Thailand, Female, 18-24
30th Aug 2018

Location is the best! Staff is nice and helpful.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
14th Aug 2018
2.0

Worst service ever, I want my deposit back now!!!

• misterfrisbie815
  • USA, Male, 41+
8th Jul 2018
4.0

I didn’t get to stay. Apparently, they are ageists. They only provide accommodations for those 18-35. I fortunately found another place but at double the rate. Also, if I paid anything in advance, I don’t know if I’m being refunded. The young man at the desk said he had to contact the owners about a refund, I’ve heard nothing more.

12th Jun 2018

The hotel is located on the campus of the State University. The location is very good, the transportation is convenient and the price is affordable.

×