AWA Venice Apartments San Marco

Very Good 437 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 31-40
14th Jul 2018
6.9

Almost impossible to find . we had the address , the the door is just a plan door in a street with other doors no number or hostel sign at all, we had to wait until a man came out and advised us we where completely in the right place . this was a pain in the arse with a group of 15 hot student's

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
12th Jul 2018

Really great hostel centrally located a short walk from the main square but away from the crowds. The apartment-style set up is good and makes the hostel really social and the roof terrace is a bonus. Staff are really helpful and can offer advice about good things to do in the area. Our room had air con as well but was a little cramped.

• oliviajames106388
  • England, Couple, 18-24
12th Jul 2018
5.7

I thought it was way overpriced for what it was. The air conditioning consisted of a single fan between 6 people. Their English wasn’t great for people who run a hostel so don’t expect much communication. They came in the room to clean if we are in the room or not or even if we were asleep. Despite having cleaners I dropped my eyemask down the side of the bed and it was covered with dust.

23rd Jun 2018
6.9

Cheapest place we found in Venice, but the toilet cistern was leaking in the bathroom and we had to ask for enough blankets for the beds in our room. Otherwise well situated a short walk from the sites, with a small kitchen to use in the room.

• cat1102929982
23rd Jun 2018
7.1

Be aware they want payment in cash on arrival. We had all assumed they'd be a card machine as nothing online to say needed cash. Having said that the guy was lovely about it and there are plenty of cash machines in Venice. We were a group of 5 though had booked separately and he made an effort to put us all in one dorm which was nice. Slight issue with the toilet spewing water out the back and onto the floor when flushed

• Australia, Female, 25-30
10th Jun 2018
4.9

Mosquitoes and BED BUGS!! Worst hostel I've stayed in. They only give you a bottom sheet and pillow case, no top sheet. I woke up with 30 itchy bed bug bites all over my body. The only good thing about this hostel is the rooftop patio, but not worth the stay.

9th Jun 2018
4.3

I stayed just one night in this hostel and woke up with bites all over my body - well over 100. I slept in an 8 bed dorm with the windows open and told the member of staff there who claimed it was a mosquito and refused to say anything more. However I have now seen two doctors both of whom say they DON'T appear to be mosquito bites and that bed bugs are likely. CAUTION TO PEOPLE STAYING IN THIS HOSTEL. It's also completely unmarked and impossible to find.

• gorskikyle136645
  • USA, Male, 25-30
6th Jun 2018
3.4

We checked into this place at 10:30pm and we’re quite shocked with quality of the place. I will admit that in the morning, the place was a little nicer than we initially thought with a large bathroom and decent sized room. I’m not a picky person at all and have stayed in many hostels, but the linens were not clean, the blankets smelled and were scratchy and I got bed bugs from the room I stayed in. I have never had bed bugs and I had 3 people assure me the bites I received were bed bugs. Beware

• soonlentsl9708
  • Malaysia, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2018
4.9

The hostel is completed below expectation, dirty and tbh a little sketchy. The wifi is pretty bad, bed sheets are not clean, and at night is extremely hot.. it has a rooftop terrace but please dont expect too much as its really basic. Overall this hostel is very very basic, but with good location, Would not consider this hostel again due to lack of cleanliness and amenities

• paigeharvey58769
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
29th May 2018
6.6

It was very much like staying in an actual apartment. It would have been nice to have screens on the windows so I didn't get eaten alive by mosquitoes during the night, and a more secure access to the rooms. But overall I enjoyed my stay and would have taken advantage of the small kitchen should I have been staying longer.

×