AWA Venice Apartments San Marco

• lmdickey777172
  • USA, Female, 18-24
19th Oct 2018
3.7

I stayed at this hostel and it was very sketchy. I shared a single bathroom with about 10-12 other people and there was nowhere secure to put my luggage. Also, there was no lock on the door to the bedroom. On the inside its very rundown and very dark and drafty. Its cheap, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Wales, Couple, 18-24
13th Oct 2018
3.4

This hostel was very bad. The rooms were covered in mosquitos and we were covered head to toe in bites. The facilities were awful. There was no hot water in the showers, and there was one room with a toilet and shower for 6-7 people. The kitchen was dirty and tiny. Also no lockers to put your bags etc, so we just had to leave our bags under the bed and hope we didn't get robbed. We are used to hostels and this one was shocking. We left the hostel a day early as it was so bad.

• vinmoore521
  • Ireland, Male, 41+
29th Sep 2018
5.1

This property was quite shabby. Needs a good deep clean. Couldn’t pay by credit card only cash had a bit of a third world feel about it. I suppose you get what you pay for but in this case cheap but not cheerful Vincent Moore

31st Aug 2018
3.4

My standards may be too high but, I didn't like how the blankets smelled. The shower head holder was broken so you couldn't just take a normal shower, you needed to take it off the holder to use it. I also didn't like how you didn't have your own outlet to charge your stuff with and the ones that were available were covered up by furniture that were placed in such a way that wouldn't allow room for your adapter to fit, so I had to use the outlets in the kitchen/common area.

12th Aug 2018
5.1

Positives: Location not far from city centre Manager was helpful to share some travel tips and do tour of area Negatives: Hostel was empty - no atmosphere, not a single person I met but Manager Extremely difficult to find area and apartment. No signs, branding or logo. Place is a dive - smells, hot and humid. No AC only one fan that makes a lot of noise in the room Shower facilities were dirty Security basic and limited to locks. No security guard. No bed sheet given

• Argentina, Female, 18-24
24th Jul 2018
5.7

The experience was lower that what I expected. The cleanness was ok but not that good. The bathroom was not good and the kitchen was bad, it tooked a LONG time to make some pasta, and we didnt have the necessary things (oil).I was afraid because in the reviews i read there were bedbugs but i didnt have problems with that, except when we entered to the office to check out and we sat on the coach, we were bitten by bedbugs.They have a really nice rooftop and the bedrooms were clean and fresh (fan)

24th Jul 2018
7.1

Confusing check in. Had to call to figure out where the entrance was. Location was a bit of a walk from city center but we liked being away from the crowds. We were charged double what the city tax was supposed to be and when we showed them that it was only €1.50/night(as they stated on the website) they argued that it was definitely €3. We didn’t think the pictures were accurate to what the place actually looks like, but it was still clean and accommodating

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
23rd Jul 2018

Fabulous location, with very helpful staff. The owner spent about 30 minutes going through things to do and best places to eat. The rooms were spacious with AC and option of using the roof terrace is fantastic - definitely a place to meet lots of people. Only issue was kitchen could do with updating - ie: hob takes a long time to heat up & no kettle.

• emmybrasser6658
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
21st Jul 2018
7.1

The area is quiet, secluded from the crowded touristic parts of Venice, yet only 10 mins away. I met some lovely people and there is a common area to meet in. The staff are friendly, they gave me good info and a map. HOWEVER- i was sleeping in a 6 bed room, and on the 2nd day my bunk bed was missing - my stuff had been moved to one of the other beds. When i asked the man why my bed was gone he avoided the question and finally said to give us “more space”. Turns out I have Bed Bugs now...

• England, Male, 31-40
14th Jul 2018
6.9

Almost impossible to find . we had the address , the the door is just a plan door in a street with other doors no number or hostel sign at all, we had to wait until a man came out and advised us we where completely in the right place . this was a pain in the arse with a group of 15 hot student's

×