AWA Venice Apartments San Marco

• valentinatraversone986403
  • Italy, Female, 18-24
19th Apr 2018
2.0

Terrible place. The room is located on an eighth floor with no elevator, there are no lockers or ways to secure your valuables in a shared room. The bathroom was nasty and the building smelled like dead rats. There are male workers walking around with no shirts and speaking in Hindi, making women feel uncomfortable and unsafe. They don't accept credit cards, which makes it feel like a sketchy black market business. I don't recommend this place to anybody, they should close it down overall.

• savard842794
  • Canada, Female, 31-40
12th Apr 2018
6.6

Good location. Do not have enough equipment for cooking even breakfast as a hot boiler or a toaster. Will be nice to have a bed sheets to sleep under the blanket. For the rest it was fine if you don't need much

• marinagrande1703
  • Brazil, Female, 18-24
6th Apr 2018
4.6

The pictures in hostelworld have nothing to do with the place itself. It was very disappointing. At the same time that the place was very very bad and very dirty, it was very expensive. I would never recommend anyone to stay there

Hello, Very surprised by your strange review - it is the opposite 99% of all other reviews from guests that love our hostel, talk about the god vibe, beautiful terrace and comfy clean rooms, great Venice tips, free maps etc. I'm not if you just didn't like Venice in general but what you say has very little reality to our top rated hostel. We hope you find happiness.

5th Apr 2018
7.1

Rooftop - cool view, good way to meet people Bedroom - worn beds, freezing cold, one sheet, never got a towel. Location - Amazingly close to St. Mark's for the price so once you bring your own extras it could be perfect for you. There are kitchen facilities and the host was very friendly.

• conorbrett7
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
11th Mar 2018

My stay at this hostel was great. The owner was so nice and thoughtful and saw to our every need. I arrived during Venice high tide, when a lot of the streets were flooded, and he lent me gumboots to get out and explore. The bed was super comfy, the room was clean and the kitchen was great. The only downside was that there were no security lockers, which didn’t bother me at the time because my dorm mates were so nice, but it could be a problem for some.

• mario313921751
  • USA, Male, 25-30
20th Feb 2018

The host was a very nice person. I got there late and he was very patient with me about the delay. He's very considerate to the guests and helpful with getting around. I had my own room this time around, so I was able to lock it, but I cannot speak for the shared rooms. I'm not sure if there is a way to keep your things from the person/people you will be staying with.

• pepe6641574
  • Mexico, Male, 25-30
13th Feb 2018

The host was AMAZING! You could tell he loves his job. The place is very well located and has a magnificent terrace at the top with a beautiful view of Venice. Rooms are ok, kitchen is ok and bathroom is ok. There’s a super market very close from the apartment. Glad that I stayed here.

• Austria, Female, 18-24
3rd Feb 2018
7.7

We only stayed for 1 night but we had a good time. Hostel is pretty well located, easy to reach all the main sights on foot, and restaurants nearby. The room and bathroom was clean and we got extra blankets without any trouble, bed was comfy. The owner/manager gave us some good tips on places to see, restaurants, nightlife etc. Considering it's still a hostel we thought it was rather expensive, but then again it was carnival time so very very busy and probably more expensive than usual.

30th Dec 2017

I had a great time at the hostel and loved the location, very easy to get to San Marco. The layout was a bit wierd as each floor was a separate area so there was no large common area to meet people. Nice terrace on the 5th floor but the kitchen was small. Staff was great, very welcoming.

27th Dec 2017
8.0

The only nice thing about the hostel was the location. The staff was okay, the shower was cold and it didn’t have a very good atmosphere. Luckily I was with a few friends so it was okay but would be a hard place to stay if you were traveling solo.

×