Abbey Court

Fabulous 8075 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
13th Jan 2018
4.0

I would like to point off that the location was good to nearby sites etc and the staff were very friendly and helpful. As for the rooms, they were disgusting a d cheap looking. There was only one outlet where it had to be shared between guests. The washrooms were a nightmare. Needless to say, I will never stay here again.

Hi there, thanks for the review and sorry to hear you were so disappointed with the rooms. A lot of our rooms have been recently renovated and the others are currently being done. Having said that, we feel 'disgusting' is a bit harsh a term to describe any area of the hostel seeing as we clean thoroughly daily all areas, especially the bathrooms. Our staff are also available 24 hours should you need anything and there's signs to this effect (like extra blankets or if an area needs immediate attention) Many thanks.

• elizabetheharrington6260
11th Jan 2018
5.4

The thing that makes me never want to come back...ever...is the fact that the rooms only have one light switch. So every time someone came in at night when you're trying to sleep, every light went on. When sharing a dorm with a down people, this is the most annoying thing ever when you're trying to sleep...especially when you're on the top bunk and the lights are directly above you. The other bad thing is they charged me to leave my bags there only 1 hour before check in!

Hi there, many thanks for your review. We are in the process of having lamps fitted at every bed in each dorm. Some of the rooms already have this and we are getting it done as fast as we can. We know this issue is a bit of a pain but the problem is really with the guests coming in late or after 1030pm. They should know not to turn on lights and have necessary things they need left easily reached so as not to disturb other guests - it is general dormitory etiquette and usually our guests are very good about this. We also have free luggage storage in the basement which is always pointed out to guests before they pay. Cheers :)

10th Jan 2018
7.7

It’s a nice enough place but expensive for what it is compared to other Dublin hostels. There’s decent showers but the breakfast isn’t much to speak of. The place is under construction as well, so all the activity rooms it advertises actually don’t exist right now.

Hi there, thanks for the review. We know the construction is quite annoying but we are getting it done as quickly as possible and we have very clearly stated on our website that we are under construction, and also on our social media channels. Our breakfast is free of charge and all you can eat and includes tea, coffee, brown and white toast, fresh fruit, a choice of cereals, cold cuts of meat and cheese and sausage rolls. We feel it is fairly plentiful. Thanks again for your review :)

• USA, Female, 18-24
4th Jan 2018
2.0

Location was ok but the experience as a whole was terrible. I’ve stayed in budget hostels before also in rooms with 24 beds but this was awful. Cement walls and ceilings were all cracked and huge chunks missing. Staff comes in the rooms at 12-ish loudly talking to each other and waking people up trying to clean. Light fixtures above all of the bunk beds controlled my the main switch so if you stay with inconsiderate people who turn the light on- it’s right above your face.

Hi there, sorry to hear you had such an unplesant experience. Our check out time is 10:30 which is clearly displayed and communicated to all guests. The reason you were woken up at 12 noon was because you had already stayed 1.5 hours past the check out time of 10:30. This distrupted check ins arriving to the room later that afternoon. We are currently undergoing some renovations throughout the hostel however none of the affected walls are inside any bedrooms. If you had an issue with any rude customers staying in the room you should have reported it to reception at the time and it would have been looked after immediately. Our hostel is located in the epicentre of Dublin so we cannot understand the reasoning for your location rating of 2.

4th Jan 2018

Nice enough hostel, get what you pay for. Triple bunks aren't ideal but comfy enough I guess. Staff are pleasant and helpful, location was perfect, very central! Renovations at the moment, which kind of sucks but no fault to anyone, all in all it wasn't a bad stay! :)

Awesome, thank you! :)

• isabellamthompson18817
  • USA, Female, 18-24
8.0

I will definitely stay again for future travels. The only complaint I might have is that it was under renovation while I was staying so I didn’t get to see the Hammock or game room, but I’m sure the new and improved will be great! I made friends for life at this location mostly from sitting in the garden area. Please don’t expect a five start hotel, it has character in its flaws that make it charming.

Very nicely put! Thank you kindly :)

7.4

Overall, it was a "good" hostel. Not incredible, but not horrible either. There is currently RENOVATION work and the hammock + games room are unavailable for use. I was disappointed because I wasn't informed when I booked and I feel there should be some notification on the unavailability of recreational rooms since it's advertised. Breakfast has several choices of cereal, coffee, 1 type of tea, 2 types of sliced fruit, ham and cheese slices, and 2 types of toast. No other milk besides regular.

Hi there, thank you for the review. We know our renovations can cause inconvenience but we are doing them to better the hostel and give a better experience and we also have it clearly stated on our site and social channels that they are being done. We promise a more comfortable experience should you return to us :) Cheers!

• emilymonroe1234475
  • Northern Ireland, Female, 18-24
3rd Jan 2018

This hostel is in a perfect location, round the corner from O'Connell Street and a 5 minute walk to Trinity and Temple Bar. The showers and bathrooms were very clean at all times and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Ah thanks a million. Glad you thought so :)

• josietmiller3539
  • England, Female, 18-24
3rd Jan 2018

Lush staff, comfy beds + sheets, Great building w good showers + nice brek!

Awesome! Thanks so much!

• dickyc185249
  • England, Male, 25-30
31st Dec 2017

Great Hostel, great location and great staff. I'll definitely be staying here on my return to Dublin.

Amazing we look forward to your return :)

×