Abbey Court

Fabulous 9224 Total Reviews
Fabulous 9224 Total Reviews

28th Oct 2018

Fantastic location! You do have to be cognizant of your belongings however so do bring a luggage lock and never leave valuables unattended. Don’t use the free luggage room, too easy access. Just pay the €3 to store luggage behind front desk. However, clean, proper, lively conversation, great staff, great for the price. I appreciated how close it was to everything. Also no lock out! And yes, you can stay in bed around 11h30 while they clean, but I don’t suggest it.

Thanks kindly for taking the time to review Abbey Court and glad you enjoyed your stay :)

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
28th Oct 2018

Pros: super cool atmosphere and decorations, 24 hr staff, fairly quiet rooms even for a 10 person dorm Cons: the showers you have to repeatedly push the button to keep it going and there’s no dry place to put clothes

Thanks for the review :) We also have regular showers through out the hostel!

• summerosborn3299
  • USA, Female, 18-24
28th Oct 2018

I had an awesome stay at Abbey Court! The location is unbeatable, just minutes from Grafton, Trinity, and only a 30 minute walk from both the Guinness Storehouse and the 3Arena for concerts. Unbeatable staff and accommodation! Would recommend to anyone going to Dublin on a budget.

Thank you so much. Hope you can return soon!

• rachelnorris4640
  • England, Female, 25-30
27th Oct 2018

Staff were helpful and answered any questions I had. The hostel is clean and has a friendly vibe. There was never a moment that I felt unsafe. The beds all have their own plug sockets which is essential I feel. Great storage beneath the bed so you can keep all your things close by. The room and linen was very clean. Super breakfast too! Perfect location too for all the main attractions, which I visited on foot. Near the temple bar area but not so near that you suffer the crowds and noise.ThankU!

Lovely review - thanks so much!

• maisiemarin274
  • England, Female, 41+
27th Oct 2018

the only down side for me was that my door card didnt work consistently.

Thanks for the review. It tends to deactivate when held near other cards.

27th Oct 2018

Really good location. Rooms however are a lottery, some are so much nicer than others, even though priced the same. I asked to move rooms, and to be fair reception did allow it. However, myself and my girlfriend had emailed Abbey Court twice before staying, and I asked on arrival if we could be in the same dorm, and were told it was impossible as rooms were fully booked, however both rooms had a lot of empty beds both nights, so that was annoying.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
27th Oct 2018

Clean rooms and bathrooms, big kitchen with lots of facilities, great location, comfortable beds. Cool common areas. Would definitely recommend. Only annoying thing was the lights on the bedroom that didn't turn off, making it slightly difficult to sleep but otherwise enjoyed our stay!

Thanks for your review. The little light has to be on for safety reasons unfortunately :/

26th Oct 2018

I had a quick stay here, I can’t speak for the breakfast, or the atmosphere. Pros: easy check in, staff was friendly & gave me a fantastic dinner/pub recommendation. I had a 4 bed female dorm. Clean, firm bed w/ a lovely comforter. The en suite bathroom was awesome. The shower was tiny, but got nice & hot. Cons: the 2 other women in the dorm both had male guests in their twin bunks. I chose a female dorm on purpose. Annoying. Hostel entrance was on a dark side street and was hard to find.

Hi there, thanks for the review. Sorry to hear there were males in the dorm - this is suprising as we are strict on who enters the hostel so they must have been guests of the Abbey Court. Our front entrance is actually on a main street but nowhere is easy to find in the dark :/

• meyerja017777
  • USA, Female, 18-24
25th Oct 2018

I absolutely LOVED IT here!!!! I stayed in a room with 19 other girls which seemed daunting at first but I made some very good friends because of it. Everyone really respected each other's space and a lot of us left our crates unlocked. Staff came in and cleaned every morning. I almost cried when I had to leave. Definitely coming back again!!

Ah this is so nice to hear thank you so much :)

• danizemlak
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
25th Oct 2018
8.0

The staff were amazing and so helpful! The 4 bedroom mixed dorm is quite quite small and not worth the price increase compared to other hostels as it is in a building separate from amenities. Otherwise location is super central and the steps away from all the major attractions - though this makes it loud until the early morning (expected for the location - just wanted to share). Thanks especially to the lovely hostess from Venezuela (didn’t catch your name). She was so sweet!!!!

That's Kira :) Thanks for your review!

×