Absoloot Value Accommodation

• abrielle9654
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
1st Feb 2018

Such a great hostel! Right on the water and super close to anything you could need. Great wifi and a super social atmosphere. They could use a few more showers/toilets, but otherwise no complaints! Definitely top of the list for queenstown hostels.

Hi there, thank you for your fabulous review! We've actually recently upgraded our wifi so it's great to hear it's working well. We're really glad you had a great time with us and hopefully we'll see you again one day!

• jackmbell959045
  • England, Male, 18-24
28th Jan 2018

Class hostel

Thank you very much for your great review!

26th Jan 2018

Great place

26th Jan 2018

Best hostel I’ve stayed in NZ, right on the water, no more than 1000 feet from anything. Helpful staff will help you with bookings. Comfy beds and free towels. Good free WiFi.

Hi there, thank you so much for your wonderful review of Absoloot Value Accommodation. We take a lot of pride in trying to provide the best facilities for our guests so it's great to hear you appreciated everything. Those views definitely never get old for us. Once again, thank you for your review and we are super glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

• Argentina, Male, 31-40
24th Jan 2018
6.9

Is a well located hostel but the service at the check in counter by the woman of the staff was the worst that I receive in a hostel. She started making complains about possible problems in the room eith the accomodation causa she saw me on a wheelchair and any of this problems exists finally. My bed was broken. The rest of the services were ok.

Hi there, thank you for leaving a review and providing your opinion, however, making false accusations against us is something we take very seriously as a business. The fact that you stated I complained regarding the fact that you are in a wheelchair is very misleading and offensive. If you think this is what happened during our encounter then there must have been a severe misunderstanding as this not what I intended. Being polite does go both ways, and you very very confrontational from the beginning. We never pre-allocate any of our dorm beds it always works on a first come first serve basis. You never contacted us in order to inform us that you needed a bottom bunk or to inform us of your disability therefore we had no idea that a bottom bunk was needed in your dorm room until you arrived. When you checked in, I simply explained that there may not be a bottom bunk available in your room but that I would get you one. I also said that it was unlikely that there would be a bottom bunk in the room ( as only 2 people were checking out), but If there wasn't then I would find you one. Maybe you did not understand when I explained this. When I came downstairs, I stated that luckily there was a bottom bunk in the room, and checked you in. Then you seemed very happy about this and we engaged in friendly conversation for a while regarding your travels, so it's interesting to hear that you thought this conversation we had was the worst encounter you received. maybe you could have said something at the time. Furthermore if you thought your bed was broken, please inform us before you sleep in it for 5 nights. The bed has a slight crack as it has been fixed in the past, but it is not actually broken. We appreciate that you feel like you did not receive the best service whilst you were here, but if you don't say anything at the time then we have no way to fix any issues. We're glad you enjoyed our location and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
24th Jan 2018

Best hostel in Queenstown! Very clean, friendly staff, and an amazing location. The kitchen is really nice and has a great view of the lake.

Hi there, thank you very much for your fabulous review of Absoloot Value Accommodation. The amazing views from our kitchen certainly never get old! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we'll see you again one day.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
21st Jan 2018

Lovely room. Comfortable beds and air con!!! A bit noisy if your room overlooks the square but still managed to sleep like a baby from 9.30pm 😂

Hi, thank you for your great review. The air con is definitely fantastic during the heat wave we're having this summer! We're super glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it's fabulous to hear our new beds are comfy!

• Austria, Female, 18-24
21st Jan 2018

The hostel is awesome. Facilities are great! I slept in a comfortable bed and the kitchen is well equipped. Lockers in rooms are provided. only thing is that I didn't get my key deposit back due to early check out - reception hours start quite late

Hello, thank you for your review. Our beds have actually recently been upgraded so it's great to hear that they are comfortable! We are sorry you didn't get your deposit back, we will email you to arrange for a refund. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

18th Jan 2018

This hostel is right in the middle of things in downtown Queenstown. My room had a beautiful view of the park and the water. I got a bottom bunk, which meant I had a double bed--very comfy, and a first for me in a hostel. I was solo traveling there on a weekend and met a bunch of great people in the common area in the evening. Only drawback is parking (which is a pain anywhere in Queenstown and not unique to this hostel)--I had to park a 10-minute walk away in the middle of the busy season.

Hey, thank you very much for your great review! We're very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you managed to get that double bottom bunk, always a win when that happens! The views are certainly incredible from the hostel, we certainly never get bored of them. Unfortunately due to our premier location in the town center, parking is something that we are unable to offer. With the growing popularity of Queenstown as a tourist destination the parking problem has been an ongoing issue for everyone. However we always try our best to provide advice on the best places to find somewhere to park. Once again thank you for taking time to leave a review and we hope to welcome you back one day!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
18th Jan 2018

I loved this hostel! This is hands down the best location in Queenstown! Right on Beach St and right next to the water and a park. It can’t be beat. The kitchen facilities were great (loved the big open window facing the water) and the rooms were clean! I would definitely stay here again.

Hello, thank you for your great review! The location is certainly great for us, and the view never gets old. Hopefully we'll see you again one day!

×