Absolut City Hostel

• dhwanikorde337
  • India, Female, 18-24
29th Sep 2018
4.0

We missed our bus back to Vienna because we were waiting on someone from the nearby hostel to come until 11 am. The receptionist is supposed to be there from 9 am onwards. They had my driving license as deposit so I couldn't leave without it. We called them thrice and were told us that someone is coming. Finally someone arrived at 11 am and as a result, we missed our bus at 11 10 am. Would not recommend this option if you are coming to Budapest. There are better hostels in nicer locations.

2nd Sep 2018

A unique problem because I was in the room 102 next to the street, bar, a public light. To sum up, I had problem to sleep due to this factors.

• carlotafonseca
  • Portugal, All Female Group, 18-24
21st Aug 2018

Very nice hostel with great location and lots of facilities. For us, cleanliness is really important and everything was clean so that’s a plus!! Staff was not very nice. One of them was about to go out to do something and we asked if we could pay and she rolled her eyes like she didn’t want to work. Besides that, great hostel!!!

• kbabichu9779
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
12th Aug 2018

Excellent hostel. The bunk beds are like cubicles with curtains that close. Every bed has an outlet and a light. Location was great, about a 10 min walk to th parliament, or a 2 min walk to the metro.

• em_clarkie5479
  • England, Female, 25-30
9th Aug 2018
7.1

Nice hostel with helpful staff. The room was very messy when I got there (food and rubbish everywhere but that was the people staying more than the hostels fault I guess). There is a nice kitchen area to eat and the toilets/showers are clean. The only negatives werethat it was really hard to find! It took about 30 minutes of walking in circles as it’s quite hidden and also it’s on a main road so very noisy at night.

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2018

Stayed here for a night and had an overall pleasant experience. Only downsides were that I had to wait outside the building for 20 minutes as no one answered the door and the lock in the room I stayed in was broken. Other than that, the hostel was great! Located in the center, 1 min away from the metro, clean facilities, and helpful staff. It’s located on a major highway so you will hear cars and people outside.

• christian_smith19795934
  • England, Male, 31-40
3rd Aug 2018

A little hidden on arrival, but a great location, close to busy nightlife, right by the shuttle bus stop, it's quiet and clean with comfortable bunks with lockers (Bring padlock) built in light and power points, very relaxed, will definitely use again. :)

• England, Female, 18-24
31st Jul 2018
6.9

The private room was very nice and the air conditioning in there was amazing. Kitchen was tiny and had to wait for people to finish cooking. Bathroom was average. Staff were pretty friendly. Pretty average. Would recommend for couples/private groups rather than solo travellers.

• assaulttrifles4980
  • England, Male, 25-30
22nd Jul 2018
5.7

Probably the rudest customer service I've received. My friend was due to stay Fri-Sun and I was joining her on the Sun. However there was room at my hotel, so she sent a cancellation email for Fri and Sat early in the week. We arrive on Sunday for my friend to have been marked as a "no show", lost her deposit and would have to pay 50euros for a room. The receptionist said she hadn't seen her email until Saturday. With responses like "I can't read every email" a "don't tell me how to do my job"

• laura-neate4034
  • England, Female, 18-24
17th Jul 2018

Hostel is in a really excellent prime location (you wouldn’t get anything better for your money) about a 10 minute walk to the river and 5 to the main square and restaurants. Really spacious and clean with full access to kitchen equipment and bedding included. Not really busy and the staff were helpful. Would definitely recommended to anyone and would stop here again

×