Adventurehostel JFK/NYC

Fabulous 144 Total Reviews

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
26th Sep 2018
7.1

Staff friendly, place very clean. it is a House, so there is not a big space in rooms or the rest of areas.

23rd Sep 2018

Great place if you have a layover to jfk.

• edmorishima1525
  • USA, Male, 41+
20th Sep 2018

The staff at the Hostel (David and Amanda) we’re very friendly, kind and knowledgeable. I was given great information when trying to get to a specific location via bus and train. I was also given great information on where to go in Brooklyn to see Awesome sites. I would recommend Hostel World and the Hostel I stayed at to family and friends. I felt extremely comfortable there.

• nnath944709
  • India, Male, 18-24
14th Sep 2018

I really liked the place! To get the one inconvenience out of the way, it's located well in the south of Brooklyn so it takes 45 minutes to get to Manhattan. But it's super clean and organized, the staff is friendly and professional, and residents usually leave behind enough food for a decent free breakfast! The neighbourhood provides a nice contrast from the swanky attractions normally associated with New York. It seemed pretty safe too

9th Sep 2018

Pretty good considering sharing a room with 7 other people

7th Sep 2018

David was warm and welcoming from the moment I walked in. He gave me a quick tour of the hostel but was intuitive in knowing whether I was at a loss or needed some form of assistance; very open to helping out. Five minutes from the B17 bus line, ten minutes from the L line station. Plenty of convenient, local grocery stores (very cute might I say). On my last night there David had pizza, snacks, soft beverages and a movie for anyone interested. I absolutely loved my stay here.

• hannahgillespie326659
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
2nd Sep 2018
4.9

Cannot fault the staff at all, they were super friendly and made us very welcome, however, the hostel, was not a hostel. It was basically someones apartment in the middle of a random estate, with no signs to point out where the hostel was. The rooms were tiny and had 4 bunk beds crammed into them. There was no proper aircon, the rooms were extremly hot and unconfortable. I would not recommend staying here. We were very dissapointed and it definitely wasn't worth the cost, too far from the city.

• England, Female, 18-24
1st Sep 2018

David and Amanda are wonderful and really go out of their way to offer suggestions of things to do and help you out. For example, I was having problems with my flight home and David let me use his phone. Lovely place to stay, slightly far out but depends what you're wanting to see.

• wixdaver4886
  • USA, Male, 18-24
23rd Aug 2018
8.0

Nice folks running the unit out of an apartment in Brooklyn. It's in a shadier side of town, so I'd be careful late at night or travel in a group. Mile walk from the L train, which is a good way to get into the city. No AC, but fans make it reasonable in the summer. Prices a little high for a small room with 8 bunks, $30 would be more reasonable than $50. Still, a lot cheaper than a hotel.

• dileesh28037598
  • India, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
22nd Aug 2018
7.4

What I like the most is staff, David is good and smart guy. He can cheer you up, it’s a quite place , those who like to stay away from fast N City life this is the best location for you. Place is clean and acceptable atmosphere. However location is kind of away from city, it’s not easy to find things over here. Beds are weak and only one shower. No breakfast as well.

×