American Dream Hostel

Fabulous 2172 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2172 Total Reviews

13th Jan 2018
6.3

It was an OK stay. The place is old and things are clean. except for the carpet on the room which was pretty disgusting. I got a single room but I got a room with a bunk bed still (apparently they are all the same) I paid to be not just alone but to avoid hitting my head when I woke up. So this wasn't ideal. The lady at the entrance was helpful but sort of creepy. Good to spend one night, I would check for other options if the stay was a bit longer.

• Argentina, Male, 31-40
29th Dec 2017

This hostel is great, very well located, staff friendly. I got unfortunately sick during my trip, and since some days I opted for staying in and ordering something to eat, the staff was acomodative enough to let the delivery boy come thru the hostel to bring me my food. I'm sure I'll be back.

• England, Female, 41+
22nd Dec 2017

Good location, near 23rd St subway station for easy trips downtown and uptown. Also well served by local restaurants. Very good breakfast, with easy-going attitude to food left in the kitchen, helps to save on meals out. Warm, comfortable and welcoming.

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Dec 2017

We were looking for a budget option for our first trip to NY and this hostel really was value for money; the staff and breakfast were brilliant, rooms and facilities perfectly fine for what we needed. Excellent WiFi and a good location just far enough from the neon and noise of Times Square, but within easy walking distance for us.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
13th Dec 2017

Staff were super friendly and helpful after a long day. Food is available all the time which is great for a hungry traveller. Location is perfect there’s heaps to do within walking distance would definitely recommend!

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th Dec 2017

We very much enjoyed our stay at American Dream Hostel when we visited NYC during Christmas time. It's expensive for a hostel (NYC ain't cheap), but we still felt like we got our money's worth, because it's located in a great part of the city, the staff is friendly, and the atmosphere is great. We loved coming back to our private room to watch Christmas movies and sleep after a long day of playing tourists. I'd definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who is planning a trip to NYC!

• USA, Couple, 41+
8th Dec 2017
8.0

The location was great. The security was good, and the staff was friendly. The room and bathroom were clean. The drawbacks were the three flight walk up with luggage and the radiator heat you could not adjust. It was roasting on the top bunk. Overall it was a good value for the money.

• tboitier4783
  • France, Male, 31-40
6th Dec 2017

Good location, affordable room. Try not to get the room 21, plumbing noises will not let you sleep.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
3rd Dec 2017

What a great hostel! Prior to arriving we were nervous and almost booked a hotel. We are so glad we didn’t. The reception is 24hours which was perfect with our late arrival. All staff were so lovely and helpful. My partner & I booked a twin room & shared bathroom. It was basic, clean & safe. Out of the 5 night stay only had to wait for the shower once. It can be a bit noisey and it’s small but it’s NYC and it was such good value for money. Breakfast was an incredibly good spread. Location great!

• England, Male, 31-40
1st Dec 2017

Excellent location and great value for money, especially if you're not fussed about having in-room bathroom/toilets. Location is walking distance to all Manhattan sites/venues and it's a nice, clean B@B. They have a nice kitchen and great breakfast, with facilities to have coffee etc. throughout the day! Something most hotels don't offer!

×