Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie

• alam38
  • USA, Male, 18-24
16th Jul 2018
4.9

I booked two beds for my girlfriend and I in the same room many days in advance amd whem we got there they said we had to stay in separate rooms because the one that i had booked for was full except for one spot. After that, I woke up the next morning covered in bed bug bites and found one on my jeans. I would not stay here again.

• ayushtiet3596
  • India, Male, 25-30
7th Jul 2018
5.1

1.) Too much costly as compared with services. 2.) low quality breakfast 3.) too much congested rooms 4.) too many people in same rooms. 5.) washrooms were dirty

• emilysanchez9710
  • USA, Female, 25-30
7th Jul 2018
6.3

We were supposed to stay one night, but I woke up in pain being eaten alive by bed bugs. The entire room was INFESTED; they swarmed the bed and were even crawling up and down the curtains. I am not even exaggerating. We had to leave in the middle of the night. Our whole next day of travel was spent trying to rid the bugs from our belongings. Now my legs are covered in red, puffy, itchy marks. I look like I’m diseased. You could say this has put a damper on our vacation....

• laurenbaldwin2902223
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
2nd Jul 2018
4.6

The rooms were dark and crammed resulting in extreme heat. There was little space to get in and out of the beds leading to several bruises. The kitchen consisted of a microwave and two forks and the free breakfast was a small slice of stale bread. However the central location was great with a supermarket less than 2 mins away. The staff were helpful and always willing to give recommendations when asked.

• England, Male, 18-24
2nd Jul 2018
5.4

Wasn't a bad stay for the price but no lockers, no kind of atmosphere and 1/2 staff wasn't very helpful.

• Mrutenberg982481
  • USA, Female, 18-24
1st Jul 2018
7.7

Well, I hope those who are traveling to this hostel don’t have a suitcase because climbing up narrow staircases will be a challenge. Nonetheless, the hostel is good for its money. I was surprised to find 5 (3 tier) bunk bunds. I personally found the one ensuite bathroom/ shower a bit inconvient to share amongst 15 people but there is a separate shower and bathroom in the hall. It should be noted that there are no lockers provided however reception can always hold valuables.

• cwslish3636
  • USA, Male, 18-24
30th Jun 2018
4.6

Very dirty, tons of rules and the staff made minimal presence. Also, I booked months in advance and payed THREE TIMES the amount that a person payed for booking the day of. Don’t expect a breakfast, unless you consider bread, jam, and no toaster breakfast. Clean facilities though, but not worth the price.

30th Jun 2018
3.4

The staff were very unhelpful and the bathrooms were so small I could barley fit. There is no where to put your dry clothes in the shower and they are looking for any reason to charge you a fee. This was the most expensive hostel I have stayed in and it was probably the worst.

• tillycale2389
  • England, Female, 18-24
26th Jun 2018
5.1

Very expensive for what it is. There’s 15 people packed into a tiny room of triple bunk beds and one shower/toilet between all of you. We had bed bugs and the whole place was a bit dirty, kitchen very basic and wouldn’t go near it!

• geenacastellano
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
26th Jun 2018
3.1

Not friendly staff. No storage for luggage and bathrooms were c**p. Wouldn’t rate it

×